Chapter Fifty-Three: All I Want Is Us

Rhea's POV: 🔞NSFW Warning🔞

"It was nice seeing you again." I say to Neta as her and Sienna make their way to the door.

"You as well. It was nice to actually get to know you in person, other than our five minute conversation at my work place." Neta says.

I smile to myself as I remember the incident. It's hard to believe that was nearly three months ago.

"It was nice to finally get to know you as well. I'll give you the stamp of approval... for now anyways." I say with a slight smirk.

Neta laughs, "thank you, I'll take it."

I look over to Sienna who wears a soft smile at our interaction and I quickly pull her in for a tight hug.

"Good job, she's much better than that dipshit you dated last summer." I whisper in her ear.

She chuckles, "thank you, I wouldn't have her without your help."

"I know, because I'm great." I say with a smug smirk as I let her go.

"Someone's cocky." She says as she punches my shoulder.

"I have to compensate for the lack of having one." I joke as I shrug my shoulders.

Sienna throws her head back as she laughs, "I missed you."

"I missed you too. Keep in contact." I say as I hug her once more before she leaves.

I wave goodbye to them as they make their way down the steps of the porch. I smile at their sweetness as they walk hand and hand and try to keep my bitterness at bay.

I place my hands in my pocket as I reenter the dimly lit house. Riley and Savannah are still out and everyone else is in bed, but I'm not even close to exhausted. It's weird being back in the house that started it all.

I place my hand on the wall that once held all their family photos, only to see photos of the kids on the wall. Cami got rid of every photo that had her or Ethan displayed and I feel a little guilty at the sight of it.

Ethan and Cami were never built to last, but part of me does feel wrong about pursuing a married woman. I don't regret anything we had, I just wish we had different circumstances and I wish things could have ended differently for us. I would have done anything to be the one for her and maybe I still am. There's still a lot up in the air and my mind still feels scrabbled from the last time we kissed.

It felt perfect to have her lips against mine... it felt right to have her lips pressed against mine. She seems to be the only thing that feels right, despite how wrong it's always been for us to want each other. There's got to be a reason that we met, more than our connection to Savannah. It's like I was destined to find her and be hers, but I can't tell if that's truth or wishful thinking.

I sigh as I try to expel the thoughts from my head, noticing light coming from the kitchen.

I walk into the room, seeing Cami leaned against one of the counter tops. She's wearing the silk black robe that I'm far too familiar with as I notice white lace underneath, holding her full breasts from spilling out.

"Hey." She says softly as my eyes look up to her eyes from her chest.

"Hey." I say shakily, nervous as all hell around her.

She smiles slightly as she picks up on my nervousness, "Savannah and Riley still out?"

I feel my heart thump in my chest as I stand in front of her, "yeah."

I know I told her what I want and what I need from her, but every time I'm around her... I want to risk it all. I want to kiss her and profess the love that never seems to die in my chest. I want to pour my life into hers and make us one. I hate this distance between us, as much as I try to keep it there.