45

"Can i kiss you?" He asked. She was taken aback.

No way! Tavia exclaimed.

Assuming her silence as yes, he leaned over to kiss her , then suddenly she came out of her reverie.

She curved him and pushed him slightly.

"Sorry, that should not have happened." Leo said.

"I did not know what came over me, I'm... I'm really sorry." He apologized again.

"It is okay, no need to be paranoid." She said.

"Goodnight." She said and went into her apartment.

She sat down on the bed and touched her lips. She almost kissed another man apart from her mate.

Why did she restrain?

Not like Damien did.

"You can't judge him like that yet, go over to his place and check it out your self." Tavia advised.

No, she can't.

What if it is true?

What if he has already moved on?

She does not want to deal with an heartbreak.

No, she doesn't.

She stood up and headed towards the bathroom.

~•~•~•~•TWO DAYS LATER~•~•~•~•~

"Hey, take care." Leo said as he waved her goodbye.

He had wanted to tell her about his feelings that day before but he had blown up his chance that night by asking her to kiss him.

Maybe when she comes back. He thought.

She did not tell him what business she was going to do there but it was none of his business either.

*

*

*

..... Somewhere in New York City....

She came down from the airplane and did all the passes. Coming out, she saw a car arrive before her. Guess the man already planned it out.

After some minutes of driving, the car stopped right in front of an hotel. She got down and headed into the hotel.

"You must be Miss Ara." The receptionist said while Ara nodded.

"This is your room number and the key to your room." The receptionist said handing over the key to her.

Ciara collected the key from her and looked at the paper.

"Room number 132." She thought.

"What about you go for a tour since you will be staying for some days before carrying out the job?" Tavia said.

Tavia's tour meant like she should go and search for some woods where she could run.

"Alright, after i settled and have eaten." Ara said.

She pulled off her clothes and went into the bathroom.

~•×~•×~•×•~ו~ו~ו~ו~

"So you will be going to New York today." Hudson said for the upmteenth time.

"Yes." Damien replied.

"Take care of the pack." Damien instructed him.

"Okay."

"Hope you take care of yourself." Hudson said.

Damien nodded and got into his limo. Then the driver drove off.

******Some hours later******

"Good day, Alpha Damien." A man said as Damien stepped into the car Alpha Lucian had sent to pick him from the airport.

*

*

*

"Kindly go and rest. We will talk about this tomorrow." Lucian said after talking for a while with Damien.

"Okay." Not that he was in a hurry anyway

"Mercy, take Alpha Damien to the guest room." Alpha Lucian told his mate's younger sister.

*

*

So tomorrow is the day she will carry out her job. This was one of the easiest jobs she has ever done. All she just had to do was get into the packhouse and send a private message across to Alpha Lucian.

She does not know what the message entails and she did not care either. She packed everything she needed into a small bag and set out. Going into the woods, she stripped her clothes off her body and morphed into her hazel brown wolf, she picked the bag and put it in between her teeth then she took off.

As she got closer to Alpha Lucian's pack, she looked around, navigating and making sure there was no one around. She shifted back to her human form and sat there, waiting for the right time.