55

"Why?" She asked him. Normally she would not have cared for a reason. But now, this case was different.

The man named Mark raised his eyebrows at her.

"Actually he did not offend me in any way, but his luna, Nicole, was my mate and she rejected because i had a beta rank and not that of an Alpha." He said relieving her a bit.

'So Nicole was his mate... Wait she rejected him, poor him.' She thought.

"So apparently in order to make her pay for the insult, I will cause her the pain of losing her mate." He said then she smiled.

"From what I heard you say you want to cause Nicole pain, right?" She asked.

"Yes." She said.

"You will be the one to do that, all I will do for you is to bring her to you then you can do whatever you want with her." Ciara said.

"Give me two weeks and I will get it done." She said.

"I will give you a call as to where we should meet." She said and left.

*

*

*

Damien came down from the car as soon as they parked in the garage.

"Ohh.. Damien, long time no see." His uncle's wife, Mitchell, called out as soon as he entered their house.

"Good day." He said trying to sound as human as possible.

"Where's uncle?" He asked.

"He is in the office." The woman replied.

"Okay." He said and headed towards the office.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." He heard his uncle's voice say.

He opened the door and went in.

"Damien, you are finally here." His uncle, Jared, said.

His uncle was also an Alpha for a small pack.

"Let's get down straight to business." Damien said gruffly.

"Mitchell, bring the lady to my office." Jared said through the mind link.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in." Jared said.

He smiled at his mate.

Damien turned around to see the lady Mitchell brought in to the office.

He looked from her head to her toe. He scrunched his nose and sighed trying to calm the anger that was starting to boil in him.

"Is she the one?" Jared asked.

"Do you think she is the one?" Damien shouted.

The women quickly hurried out of the door.

"Hey, Damien, I am really sorry, I just wanted to help, you know." Jared said trying to comfort him.

"I am out of here." He said and barged out.

*

*

*

"Stop the car." Damien yelled as soon they parked the car in the garage.

The driver stopped and Damien hurried went out of the car.

"Good day, sir, how may I help..." The receptionist was still talking when she looked up and saw that it was her boss that had barged in.