Chapter 19.

Stepping outside the building, Illuki inspects the license she had acquired, huffing in displeasure. "The only fun I had was during the Third and Fourth Phases," she seethed, pocketing the card. "I'll just steal one if I lose mine," she muttered, crossing her arms as she and her brother walked down a pathway.

"Why are you surprised? This is what the exam is about, sister," the assassin interjected, blankly gazing down at his petite sister.

Just as the older twin opened her mouth to speak, their conversation is interrupted by Gon calling out to them with their alias names. "Gittarackur. Iris-san," he called, approaching them. "Tell me where Killua is," he demanded.

The younger Zoldyck twin turned his lean body to face the child, looming over him emotionlessly. "Are you really going to take him away? I think that's a bad idea," he added.

"I don't care what you think! Killua is my friend. I'm taking him with me," the child said, gaze hardening at the tall assassin.

Glancing behind his short figure, Illumi stares at the two people joining their conversation. "Do they feel the same way?" he asked causing Gon to turn and see Kurapika and Leorio standing behind him, nodding in agreement with the child's declaration. "Fine. I doubt you'll be able to make it there anyway," the black-haired man deadpanned, his sister leaning to the side to announce her presence.

"Kil went home," she informed with a wide grin, stepping around to stand beside Illumi with her hands behind her. Noticing the confused stare Gon had given her, she decides to provide extra information to the trio. "To Kukuroo Mountain. Our family lives at the very tippy top~," she sang with a childish tone, pointing a finger upwards.

"Got it. Thanks, Iris-san," Gon thanked the woman, nodding at the taller sibling before he and the others turned their backs to them, walking away in a different direction.

The two siblings observe as the trio strides away from them, discussing amongst themselves before their mutual acquaintance wanders over, leaning against one of the pillars of the building. "Is it really okay for assassins to give away their base of operations?" Hisoka slyly asks.

"Sure, it isn't a secret or anything," the younger sibling shrugs.

"The locals all know where we live. They made it a tourist attraction of some sort," the older twin added with a dead tone, shrugging her shoulders as well.

"Well, I'm sure they'll see the light once they arrive. We live in completely different worlds," Illumi continued, blankly gazing at the red-haired magician.

Humming, Illuki pivots her head to her brother, tilting it to the side as her altered irises gazed at his arm, giggling childishly. "How's the arm~? Is it broken~?" she chimed, poking the injury with curiosity.

The younger twin blankly glares at the woman momentarily before glimpsing down at his injured arm. "Yep, it's broken," he confirmed, glancing back up at his sister and their acquaintance. "He has incredible potential. I can understand why you want to see him grow up," the assassin expressed, looking over at Hisoka.

"Did I not tell you both?" the sinister redhead began, glowering at the twins. "Gon is my prey. Touch him and you'll suffer the consequences," he threatened the pair.

"We know," they said in unison, both Illuki and Illumi deadpan at him, the female rolling her eyes while the male stared emotionlessly.

"I've only known you for a short while, but I know your tastes," Illumi tells the magician, walking away from the 2 Phantom Troupe members before halting in his tracks, glancing back at the redhead from over his shoulder. "So, Hisoka. What are you going to do now?" he questioned the man.

"Follow them?" Iris joked, standing next to the magician with her arms crossed under her chest, an eyebrow raised at the man who turned his head towards her. Illumi didn't bother to wait for an actual reply, leaving the two troupe members and returning to his job which he needed the hunter license for. "I'm off. Don't cause too much trouble, otherwise, I'll have to deal with it," she glares at Hisoka, pivoting on her heels and walking into a different building that housed a bunch of computers and a lounging area.

The magenta-haired woman approached one of the computers, going through different sites before booking herself a flight back home. As she waits for the confirmation status to appear on the screen, she pulls out her phone and dials her most used contact, pressing the rectangular object to her ear; holding it between her shoulder and ear. "Iris? Do you have new information for me?" the person greets, their voice soft and raspy.

Iris hummed, clicking off the computer once she was finished with it and holding the deceive to her ear. "Aside from his infatuation with my little brother and his new friend? No, not really," she deadpanned, skimming around the building to find the trio of boys across the room from her. "Just calling to check-in. How's it going, Boss~?" she giggles.

"Nothing drastic has happened. We've decided to split off until the next mission. The one you and I were discussing before you left," the man briefed, his voice above a whisper. His companion hummed in acknowledgement, trotting out of the building and making her way to the airport while on the phone with the leader. "Are you returning right away?" he asked.

"I'm heading home for a bit. I gotta check on some things and gather intel," Illuki responded, now sitting in the back of a cab that was taking her to the nearest airport. "I'll call again if something comes up. I should see you soon though," she added, bidding the man goodbye before hanging up the phone.

'Time to visit Mother and Father then' she sighed, resting her head against the cab window.