Chapter 31.

The fight between the Yin-Yang Witch, aka Illuki, and her challenger Viscob was the talk of Hevean's Area for a long while since the Floor Master hadn't fought anyone in a long time; most fighters at the association avoided her because everyone was afraid of challenging her, the fighter with Viscob being a prime example of her strength and abilities. On the other hand, the winner of the brawl slept easily and met with her brother and Gon, the duo would be leading her to the residence of their Nen teacher and Zushi. They would be showing their teacher their progress with Hatsu, which they had been working on for most of June.

On the way to the residence, Gon had informed his friend's sister about his fight with Hisoka and when it would be happening, which happened to be tomorrow. The eldest Zoldyck was excited about the fight honestly, she knew her redhead acquaintance would win since he was far more experienced than Gon in fighting and using Nen, but she hoped Gon would at least fulfil his desire to punch Hisoka in the face and return his Hunter Exam ID tag.

Wing, their Nen teacher, was very polite when greeting the woman, welcoming her with tea and books on the coffee table while he taught his students. "Now, show me what you've accomplished with your training. Killua-kun, you're first," he instructed the boy.

In front of the group, Illuki sat on one of the four single couches with tea and books in front of her. Her legs her crossed over each other and an open book lay on her thighs but was forgotten when her brother approached the table that had a wine glass filled with water on it; a leaf floated on the surface. The white-haired boy rests his hands on either side of the cup, activating his Ren and focusing for a few moments before deactivating his aura and moving back from the glass, stating his completion. His sister raised an eyebrow at the quickness, smiling proudly as she watched his teacher and friends flinch with surprise.

"Wow, it tastes like honey," Gon commented.

Wing compliments the assassin, assigning his first student next though Zushi is unable to demonstrate a great improvement, leading to his teacher concluding a few extra weeks of training. Finally was Gon, the spiky-haired child approached the table and set his hands like the others, focusing as he activated his Ren and almost automatically the water raised significantly, cracking the glass and spilling off the small surface the glass was on. Illuki watched with interest, impressed by the child's raw improvement.

"You really are something," Wing complimented with a smile, holding the cracked glass with a napkin covering the crevice. "Gon-kun, Killua-kun. Today is your graduation day," the brunette states, shocking the trio, however, Zushi is sad about his lack of improvement that deprived him of graduating with his new friends, and Gon and Killua are quick to encourage the child. Smiling, Wing glanced at Gon. "And Gon-kun, I have something to tell you."

Gon stared at his teacher with confusion, repeating the questionable part of his sentence. At this point, the book in the dichromatic-haired woman's lap was long forgotten as she listened to Wing congratulate the young Hunter on passing the Secret Hunter Exam. "What is it?" the child asked his teacher who was happy to explain the Secret Hunter Exam to his students.

"You are required to learn Nen before becoming a Hunter, as professional Hunters are expected to be exceptionally strong. One of your basic tasks as a Hunter will be apprehending evil poachers and criminals. You must be strong enough to fight crime, however, this power is highly destructive when used for wrongdoing. Revealing the existence of Nen during the Exam would be dangerous. Therefore, the test is only administered to those who pass the public Exam," Wing explained to the duo.

Killua catches on to the explanation, his arms folding behind his head. "Oh, so you were going to teach us, or at least Gon, all along," he points out, his teacher nods in agreement, revealing the Shingen-ryu mater who created the water divination for Nen types was Chairman Netreo of the Hunter Association. The messy-haired brunette even suggested that Killua retake the Hunter Exam, assuring the child he'd pass with flying colours since the Chairman was aware of his potential.

"Hey, Wing-san...Have you heard anything about the others who passed?" Gon asked, hoping to hear an update on his two friends Kurapika and Leorio since their separation.

"Sure. Hanzo and Kurapika have learned Nen from other teachers. Pokkle is struggling with Ren. Leorio has begun studying for the medical school exam," he began, redirecting his gaze to the woman on the couch, watching them while enjoying the tea given to her. "Hisoka, Illumi and Illuki already knew Nen, so they were qualified."

Gon comments on his friends to Killua, who agrees with him before his teacher catches his attention, warning him to be safe in his fight with Hisoka tomorrow. "Shall we head back?" Illuki cut into the conversation, standing up from the seat with a hand on her waist and the other by her side. "Thank you for the tea, Wing-kun~," she smiles, waving a hand as her brother and Gon followed her to the front door, the three of them walking back to Heaven's Arena.

The next day, the lobby was bustling with people and the stadium was similar to when Illuki fought; filled to the brim with viewers. The Zoldyck siblings sat together, overlooking the stage and waiting for Hisoka and Gon to enter the stadium from their respective ends.

"Hello, everyone! In the arena today, we have Gon versus Hisoka. This is the fight you've all been waiting for. As you can see, the stands are packed. The tension in the air before the start of this match is almost unreal!" the announcer said, some audience member yelling out impatiently before the lights cut off. A row of fires appeared like dominos, fog covered his figure before the child walked down the walkway as the commentator introduced each fighter. Opposite of him, blue flames appeared in a domino effect, Hisoka appearing from the fog and walking to the centre stage where Gon waited for him.

'This will be interesting' Illuki thought with a smirk.