Chapter 37.

Illuki grins widely from her front row seat, head tilting to the side as her hands firmly grip the edge of the cliffside to ensure she wouldn't slip and fall into the pit beneath her and her comrades; her blue eyes narrow, spotting three figures approaching them. 'They must be the Shadow Beasts' she thought to herself, the corners of her lip deflating into a thin line.

Shalnark and the rest of the group playing cards stood up, nearing the edge. "Uvo!" the blonde calls out to his berserker teammate, a hand cupping the side of his mouth to extend his voice. "They're here!" he informs him, pointing in the direction of the unknown figures – bright lights from parked cars obscured the troupe's vision to identify each of the beasts.

Feitan stands from his spot behind Illuki and beside Nobunaga, his hands naturally tucked away into the pockets of his long, black coat; staring down at the approaching trio. "Hey, don't interfere," Uvogin calls up to him, causing the ravenette to look down at him. "I haven't gotten to enjoy myself," the caveman tells his friend.

"Oh boy..," Feitan trails off, sighing.

Shalnark sat back down in his spot, turning towards the black-haired assassin. "Just let Uvo handle it. Want in on a round, Feitan?" the blonde questions, turning back around to the circle where Machi was shuffling the deck of cards. The torture master of the troupe doesn't respond, ignoring the younger male.

"The Shadow Beasts, huh? Where did you hide the merchandise?" Uvogin calmly asked the trio who were silent for a moment before one of them – a tall, lanky man with wildly styled hair responded.

"What happened to all the guards and guests?" he asks.

"We killed them. So where's the merchandise?" Uvogin bluntly answers, repeating his former question. "If you don't answer me..," the berserker began before something – or someone – dug up from the ground, punching Uvogin in the face, breaking their knuckles in the process. "That stung," the caveman comments, retaliating with a punch before the Shadow Beast reaches out and grips Uvogin's arm; dragging him to the ground.

The beast chuckles from underground. "You can't escape now. Make your choice. Have me kill you underground or on the surface, at the hands of the other three?" they taunt, his comrades moving to surround the troupe member with smirks.

"Idiot," Uvogin let out with a small chuckle, raising his free hand and gathering his aura til his fist glowed red.

The troupe members let out sounds of disbelief, turning to look over at their comrade. "Uvo's getting serious – four," Shalnark smiles, peacefully throwing a card down between himself, Shizuku, Machi and Franklin. From where she sat, Illuki hummed in agreement, exhaling softly at the slight breeze she felt from the caveman's Nen ability; the blast of the ability had even ripped the tank top off Uvogin's body, revealing the spider tattoo located on his lower back.

"Poor guy. Not much left of him," Franklin comments, looking down at his cards.

"Uvo's Big Bang Impact pacts a powerful punch," Nobunaga added.

"Frankly, he's just throwing a straight punch with a little added Nen," Machi bluntly states, blankly staring in the direction of the fight. "Eight," she says, throwing down a card that continues the game.

"Okay, who's dying next?" Uvogin turns to the remaining three Shadow Beasts.

The Shadow Beasts stare at the Phantom Troupe member, making commentary before jumping and lunging at the man who throws a punch which is stopped by one of the Shadow Beasts – Porcupine who can control the hairs of his body. Another beast – Rabid Dog – leaps forward, tearing the caveman's skin off his shoulder and spitting it out upon landing on his feet.