Chapter 32.

A row of red flames appeared in a domino effect, lighting the stage while fog obscured the audience's view of the stage before a child figure appeared walking down the walkway to the centre stage; a determined expression plastered on his youthful face. Opposite of him, in a similar but with blue flames, a certain redhead magician darkly struts to the centre of the stage while stretching his arms, his usual sinister, pleased smirk plastered on his pale-painted face.

Upon being introduced to the crowd by the announcer, each fighter released their auras; one darker than the other while the walkways descended into the ground, leaving a platform for the fighters and referee to stand on. "Points and KO System. No time limit! One round! Begin!" the referee states the brawl conditions chosen by the participants, Gon and Hisoka taking steps back as the worker lifts his arm as an indication of the beginning of the match.

"This is the match you've been waiting for. The die has been cast! Who will make the first move?" the female announcer commentates, the two fighters standing opposing one another before the spiky-haired child lunges forward. "It's Gon!" she yells into her microphone.

Gon flings a fist forward through the skilled magician deflects the attack and chops the child's back to the ground; the aspiring Hunter leaps up from the floor, maintaining his stance in mid-air as he kicks and jabs at Hisoka who dodges his advances. The red-haired magician turns elegantly, swaying his left arm and reaching his hand towards Gon. The child manages to dodge Hisoka's palm however the sinister man raises his leg, kicking the spiky-haired boy away but Gon flips and lands on his knees; the young boy then starts running around his opponent, lunging when he finds the chance to strike at the older, more experienced fighter. Hisoka dodges the attacks, moving to the side and raising his hand so his palm comes into contact with Gon's stomach, sending him back however the boy doesn't stop, he attempts an assault once more, desperate to punch the magician in the face as he once promised him. The magician dodges these jabs, moving ever so slightly around Gon's small frame before lifting and swinging his fist, hitting the child but also allowing Gon a clear path to kick Hisoka but the redhead can block the child's foot with his forearm. Gon backflips away from the menacing magician before he can strike at the child with his sharp nails, pouncing forward and exchanging a series of attacks with his opponent who deflects these assaults; the brawl continues with Hisoka earning a clean hit which means a point was rewarded to the magician who taunts the small boy before him; the crowd cheering for the redhead.

In the audience, Illuki hums with delight after watching Hisoka and Gon's exchange of attacks, resting her chin in the palm of her hand as her arm was propped up against her knee; beside the woman, her younger brother remains silent, sweat forming on his temple and threatening to drop. "He's gotten faster," the dichromatic-haired female absentmindedly commented about Gon, smiling at the minor improvement the spiky-green-haired boy had achieved.

"What's wrong?" Hisoka asked, smirking and pointing to the floor. "I still haven't moved a step from where I started," he taunts the child.

Gon rubs his nose, blinking owlishly at the redhead. "Huh? Really?" he innocently asked. "Damn! Just you wait!" the boy grits his teeth, ignoring his delighted, creepy smirk. The two stand across from each other, waiting for the other to move but Gon is the first to make an advance, lunging ahead and attacking the magician with his might before blurring behind the redhead and lifting a slab from the ground; he kicks it, blending with the rocks and managing a direct hit on Hisoka's right cheek. Hisoka stumbles back from the impact of Gon's punch, steading himself before gazing up at the child with narrow, lust-filled golden eyes and his usual sinister smirk. 

"Critical! Two points for Gon!" the referee for the brawl announces loudly for the stadium to hear, the audience cheering for the boy loudly with raised fists and hands cupped around their mouths. Amongst them, the eldest Zoldyck smirks and silently giggles at the enjoyment of seeing her acquaintance being punched once again by a kid half his size.