The Big News

Second POV

     Even though you lived to tell the tale about fighting Lucifer, you were still pretty shaken up about it because you almost died. You felt like it was your fault that it happened. If only you didn't bring Luke here, Beel and Luke wouldn't have to go through that.

Beel continued to stay silent and had a guilty look on his face. He couldn't believe that you almost died.

"...Luke didn't do anything wrong. I'm the one to blame here. I'm the one who hid him in my room, I'm the reason he disappeared. I'm the one who failed to calm Lucifer down, and ended up putting you in danger... All of that was my fault." Said Beel, making you yell.

"No, it's not! I was the one that brought Luke here, I made you let him stay in your room, I pushed him into the closet! I angered Virgin even more and I put myself and you guys in danger. It was never your fault, Beel. Stop blaming yourself."

"When you stepped in to shield me from Lucifer, I was pretty shocked." Beel admitted. "I mean, why would you go to those lengths? You're an angel and you just defended a demon. Luke, I would understand why you would save him, but me... So why...why did you save me as well?"

"I don't know. I wasn't thinking straight and I was worried for the both of you so I just acted out and was in front of you guys. I-I guess what I'm trying to say is that you guys are important to me because you guys mean something and I acted out in instinct because you guys are my friends. Hope this shit don't sound too weird." You confessed while looking the other way.

Beel smiled softly before pulling you into a hug, he then pulled away to face you again. "So...I'm your friend. Ah... As I watched you there sleeping, as I looked at your face, I couldn't help wondering... If the situation had been reversed, would I have stepped in to defend you? I want to do something to make it up to you—to thank you for saving me. So, is there anything I can do?"

You thought about it, trying to remember what was your goal in the first place again. What was it again? Something about a deal or some shit...? Oh, right.

"I want you to make a pact with me." You answered honestly.

Beel was surprised to hear this, "So, you made pacts with Mammon and Leviathan, and now you want to make one with me. Why are you so interested in making pacts with demons, huh? I want to know why you want to make a pact with me. Let's hear it." He demanded, making you curse in your mind.

'Shit. What was it that Copycat said again?'

~Flashback~

"You can't open this door. Because it's sealed with a very powerful sort of magic. In order to break the seal, you'll have to put all seven brothers under your control. What I'm trying to say is that you should make pacts with these demons—all of them. Personally, I'd like to be able to have a proper, face-to-face talk with Lucifer. Sure, we may have had a falling out, but really, it was only a little misunderstanding. If I could just talk with him, he'd realize that was the case. I need to find some way to get out of here, find Lucifer, and have a talk with him. That's all I want. Now, I'll say this as many times as I have to, because it's important... You can't tell my other brothers anything about this. They have to keep believing that I'm up in the human world as an exchange student."

~End of Flashback~

'Yeah, I don't think that's what he said...'

"Well, let's just say I want Virgin to respect me."

Beel was baffled by this response, "You want Lucifer to respect you? Why?"