3

Evelyn playfully knocked her sabre against Bianca's as they stood by idly, waiting for their instructor.

"I need someone who can give me a challenge," Bianca groaned, her eyes sweeping over the room before they lingered on Xavier. Their intense stare-off was cut off by Rowan accidentally knocking into her as he fixed his glasses.

"Oh, sorry, Bianca," he muttered, scuttling away quickly.

"Watch it," Bianca snarled in response, glaring hard at the boy.

"Hey, be nice," Evelyn nudged their shoulders, her tone one of warning.

Bianca scoffed.

"Go...I don't know. Challenge him or something." Evelyn said, pushing Bianca toward him.

"Are you kidding, Dolce? I'll have him crying back to his mother in minutes," Bianca snorted, crossing her arms.

"C'mon, Barclay. Let's just see how this goes. Rowan's...Rowan. He's nice," Evelyn encouraged, a playful grin on her face. The instructor walked in and everyone immediately began pairing up to spar. "There's your chance."

"He's also lost it a bit," Bianca said, rolling her eyes but walking over to Rowan anyway, loudly challenging him to a duel. The poor boy looked terrified as he held up his Sabre.

"Evelyn." she looked up sharply into Xavier's face and gave him a tight smile.

"Xavier." she hadn't spoken to him since he'd broken up with Bianca.

"Do you want to spar? We can go a round."

Evelyn just pulled her mask on in response and raised her sabre. She shuffled forward quickly as Xavier scrambled to counter. He pushed forward and tried to get her but Evelyn dodged. She twisted around quickly under a particularly wild strike from Xavier and struck him in the back. Their fight was interrupted when the one and only Wednesday Addams walked in and Xavier froze.

"Look who's a little late," Evelyn muttered. Xavier nudged her in the ribs, causing Evelyn to give the barest flinch away from his touch. "I don't condone tardiness."

Bianca was right. In a few quick swipes, she had Rowan in his butt. The smug look on her face was almost obnoxious.

"Coach, coach, she tripped me!" Rowan protested, which made Bianca roll her eyes.

"It was a clean strike, Rowan," the coach said, his voice carefully even.

"Come on, Coach, when am I getting a real challenge? Who wants to go next?" Bianca said, the statement directed mostly at Evelyn, who shook her head in response to the challenge.

"I do."

Everyone looked to see Wednesday standing there, in a suit of black as opposed to the others in white. A sarcastic grin made its way to Bianca's face while Evelyn whispered, "oh, brother." Under her breath.

"You must be the psychopath they let in," Bianca said, smiling falsely at her. Evelyn just sat back on her heels and watched the interaction, her sabre propped effortlessly against her shoulder.

"And you must be the so-called Queen Bee. Fun fact about bees: You pull their stinger out and they drop dead," Wednesday bit back. Evelyn saw that Bianca had been taken aback. No one usually went directly against her to her face.

"Rowan doesn't need you to come to his defense. He's not helpless. He's lazy," Bianca stated, her mask tucked under her arm.

"Are we doing this or not?" Wednesday countered.

Bianca just took her place on the mat and waited for Wednesday to start.

"It's going to go down," Xavier muttered behind a closed fist. Bianca would win, Evelyn knew.

They both sprang into action, parrying and moving extremely quickly which made Evelyn falter. She hadn't expected Wednesday to actually be good. The first round ended with a point to Wednesday. Bianca scoffed.

"She's good," Xavier commented, nodding his head as if his opinion mattered.

"Please," Evelyn scoffed. "I could beat her no problem."

At that, Wednesday glanced over to her and gave Bianca the point. This time, a small smile made it to Bianca's face as they both removed their masks.

"For the final point, I would like to invoke a military challenge. No masks. No tips." Wednesday gave the barest smirk.

"It's up to you, Bianca," the instructor said, handing her the reins.

"No. Bad idea," Evelyn coughed out. Neither of them took note of her, as they were too fixed on giving each other challenging looks.

"Let's see if you bleed in black and white," Bianca finally said. And as it turns out, she didn't. After Wednesday had been defeated, she looked around, her blood on her fingertips. Evelyn walked forward, feeling bad for Wednesday.

"I'll take her to the infirmary, Coach," Evelyn volunteered, filling the shocked silence. Bianca gave her a puzzled look.

"No need. Rowan can go with her. The rest of you, continue sparring. With tips," the coach instructed. While Rowan and Wednesday left, Bianca made a beeline for Evelyn.

"What was that?" she hissed, her electric blue eyes locked onto Evelyn's green ones.

"I felt bad for her," Evelyn shrugged, getting into position across from Bianca. "It really stings to lose against you."

"Good thing you'll feel it soon, then," Bianca said, darting forward to attack Evelyn. Evelyn swerved under the blade but had to quickly parry Bianca's second strike. Normally, the two would be evenly matched but with Bianca fired up, the scale had tipped heavily in her favour. Evelyn was on the defensive the entire time yet she only managed to win one of their multiple matches. At the end of the class, Evelyn, red and sweaty grinned at Bianca.

"Yep," she grimaced at Bianca's smug face. "It stings."

"See you at dinner, Evelyn," Bianca chuckled, smiling back at Evelyn. 

Don't be mad, I decided to make the chapters shorter.