Chapter 9 Your Loving Commander

The next day is uneventful, marked only by a violent storm that batters Mazuhashi's port base. With all the girls huddled indoors, seeking shelter, the base is eerily quiet.

Meanwhile, Mazuhashi is cooped up in his office, engrossed in an episode of Isekai Nonbiri Nouka. Suddenly, the phone rings, jolting him out of his reverie.

He sighs and pauses the show before picking up the receiver. "Hello?" he says in a bored tone.

"Mazuhashi-kun!" Ichishi's voice chirps over the line.

"Oh, what now? Don't you know how gloomy it is here today?" Mazuhashi replies, his frustration palpable

"Hey, do you remember that joint military training with the US navy that you were supposed to attend today?" Ichishi asks Mazuhashi on the phone.

"Yeah, what about it?" Mazuhashi replies.

"They called it off." Ichishi informs him.

"Why's that?" Mazuhashi asks, intrigued.

"Apparently, they're carrying out a naval raid on one of the islands near Mexico." Ichishi explains.

"Let me guess, a drug raid?" Mazuhashi says, sounding unimpressed.

"You got it," Ichishi confirms.

"Ugh, not again. Another mundane day." Mazuhashi sighs.

"Also, I have to mention. The papers of the previous Commanders. Have you already seen them?" (Ichishi)

As Ichishi mentioned the papers of the previous Commanders. He exited the show he was watching and went to the files in his computer where he kept informational documents and such. He then opened his drawer and pulled out the printed papers of the previous Commanders

"Let me read this out loud. The first commander arrived at this base 5 years ago and his name is Machida Jun."

"Reported for being accused of abusing the Sakura Empire and "assaulting" IJN Kaga."

"Following up by a guy named Sugawara Ippei a year later after Jun is replaced by Ippei."

"Reported for being accused of abusing the Royal Navy."

"A Year later Anzai Ichisake took over and was reported and accused of sexually harassing a, I quote, "Minor", which is IJN Nagato... Interesting..."

"Another year later, Kawahara Sekien took over and was reported for being drunk on the job and abusive towards his subordinates on this island."

"Then finally a year later, that is a year ago, Enokida Takuma took over as Commander and was reported for smuggling drugs and using them on himself."

"And the most recent Commander is me... And all of these reports are "accusations" but also "not enough evidence". Man what the fuck is the justice system did you guys use? The US?" Mazuhashi exclaimed

"Well to be fair, they didn't have any evidence to back up their claims but we are kind enough to replace them but still their hate lingers on them." Ichishi said

"*Sigh* Now I'm concerned. Where are they now? Any current news about them perhaps?" (Mazuhashi)

"Well unfortunately, they have gone off radar and we're currently on finding them." (Ichishi)

Much to the stress of Mazuhashi he let out a big disappointment Sigh "Dear God..."

"Don't worry! If they came there with malicious and ill intent, that will be very unlikely as that Island is defended by the top 5 most powerful countries in the world! Well excluding China..."