Chapter 20 Maintenance for the girls

Author note: I am gonna skip that Hakuryuu part and this chapter we're gonna learn about the ships here :D

Man I imagine this revised story not gonna be what I was expecting in the future, so many changes, I'm afraid this will flop

But anyways I hope you enjoy

------------------------------------

Inside Mazuhashi's office, we see him on his computer looking at the reports. More specifically financial reports

"Oil spending....amount of food consumed.... Ammunitions....." Maz kept looking and scrolling down to see anything that makes him think of an idea

Belfast is also there with him and couldn't help but see his work. The amount of money she saw was so high, she doesn't remember it being almost 9 digits

"Say, Belfast...." Mazuhashi said

"Yes, master?" (Belfast)

"If I were your maintenance guy or that one guy that checks the condition of you, the ship in whole, what is your general reaction? Either you sugarcoat me with lies or in total honesty, I don't care." (Mazuhashi)

"Well if you want my opinion, I'd say I'm honored if you were the one to check on my wellbeing, either being me or as a ship, I'm glad I'm being cared for." (Belfast)

"I'm getting sugarcoated aren't I?" (Mazuhashi)

"No, no, it's genuine." (Belfast)

"Huh, ok then." (Mazuhashi)

"But why did you ask that? It sounds so specific." (Belfast)

(Math Ahead)

"Well, I researched about you. And did a little math. Your maintenance cost since 1941 is 2.14 million quid. In today's amount it's 115 million quid. That's 150 million dollars of maintenance by you specifically. And adding up to your sister ships 450 million dollars."

"Over in a span of 1 month I happened to overdid it and calculated every one of you. And I'm super shocked...." (Mazuhashi)

"What makes you shocked, master?" (Belfast)

"Every one of you costs almost trillions of dollars combined. And that's maintenance alone. We are not worried about everything, we're worried about the conditions you guys are in."

"All of you are like a piece of our history. We don't want a piece to be missing. I'm talking about a person who collects World War 2 ship figurines that like to assemble them in their parents' basement like some hermit."

"That IJN Yamato figurine right there is my first ship that I ever bought. It cost me around 50 thousand yen and a full freaking year to build. Why did it take me that long? One of its AA guns went missing when my dad accidentally cleaned up the basement, even though I told him I should be the one cleaning that place." (Mazuhashi)

"I never knew you cared for us that much, master. I'm speechless." (Belfast)

"And that's why...." Mazuhashi moved himself off the computer monitor and showed Belfast a delivery notice