Chapter 22 The Incident

Tomorrow morning after Takanjiro's wedding

Yamatomo, having no paperwork and having a brand-new super large smart TV in his living room. He then sat down and watch some news. Like those stereotypical boomer dads

Then immediately this news for today hit him early

On the news channel he's on, World International News or WIN. Started broadcasting

Missing Indian Missile Destroyer

"In breaking news. The indian navy missile Destroyer the INS Visakhapatnam has gone missing while patrolling with her other fellow ships. What eyewitness said, a bright light engulfed everything to the point everyone was blinded. Seconds later it was gone. Said the Commander of the INS Chennai, Satgun Rajawat."

"From the reports and sources, the fleet that the INS Visakhapatnam is in was in the middle of a huge and heavy thunderstorm. A huge wave appeared and it was coming towards them. But they know how to punch through a wave by maintaining steady course and all crews brace for impact."

"Every other ship including the Visakhapatnam went through the wave unscathed. But what the Fleet Admiral of the fleet that the Visakhapatnam is in, Fleet Admiral Yoragasa Haradas said: [Yoragasa] "After minutes when the wave hit us, a loud thunder that everyone saw hit the antenna of the INS Visakhapatnam. Nothing happened for a few seconds maybe it was another 5 minutes or so. The commander [Shanti Anagal], immediately requested help because their engine was caught on fire."

"Yoragasa: "And then I was there confused on how their engine caught on fire. The last time I remembered the INS Visakhapatnam went into maintenance check last week with fresh sailors and fresh compartments. It's impossible for the engine to be caught on fire randomly. But there is a theory that has been going on around my guys that someone has infiltrated the Visakhapatnam and sabotage the engine room."

"Yoragasa: "But then again I dismissed that rumor but I get the feeling that it might be true. Not entirely likely but it is possible. But going back, they have FSS [Fire Suppression System]. Why they didn't use it? I know Shanti is competent but I get the feeling something's wrong. Then I hear him that the FSS is malfunctioning. Maybe in my mind that thunder earlier tampered the ship but it's not possible at all in my opinion."

"Yoragasa: "Then radio silence. It was completely random. We tried to call them but nothing happened. The other ships tried to contact them as well but to no avail. The situation was so serious that I ordered a tactical retreat to calmer waters to assess the situation. But then I didn't expect blinding light to engulf us and then disappearing. Mind you the Visakhapatnam is in the middle of the fleet. It's entirely impossible for the ship, its crew, its commander, to disappear in a moment's notice."

"Fleet Admiral then went on how they tried to dispatch their helicopters, from attack helicopters to transport and surveillance but they just couldn't find the ship that went missing."

"Currently all of ASEAN, Japan, Russia, US, England, Germany, France, and many others dispatched search parties everywhere the Indian Ocean."

"In another news, pirate activity seem to be less but more powerful. Still we don't know who is supplying these warships. Once we do, our seas will be safe-"

*TV turned off*

"*sigh* What a fucking interesting year it has been, Mazuhashi. What next? An alien invasion? Godzilla? Heh..."