chapter one

TATTOO PARLOR

Under a wall of sample designs including hearts, barbed roses, tribal symbols and all manner of typography, a TATTOO ARTIST looks over a folded piece of paper.

Tattoo artist: Good thing you drew me a picture.

On the paper are two simple bold BLACK LINES, one slightly thicker than the other. Sitting in the client chair, Scott McCall gives the man a nervous smile. By the counter, Stiles holds up a book of sample tattoos and aria who was getting ready to get tattooed next.

tattoo artist: and great choice little lady what does the tattoo mean

aria: who you calling little you Stigmatophile.

Scott: aria how about we don't piss off the person that is permanently altering our bodies.

aria: fine.

Stiles: Sure you both dont want something like this?

He points to an image of a green-scaled LIZARD with yellow eyes. Scott and aria throws him a glare.

Stiles: Too soon?

aria: I still cant believe you guys didn't let me kill him.

Scott: for the last time I tell you he doesn't need a master anymore so he doesn't have to kill anyone.

aria: yes I know but he is still an asshole.

stiles: you really need to stop trying to kill people.

Putting the book down, he approaches the chair where Scott begins rolling up his sleeve.

aria: I only want to kill people that deserve it.

Scott: and why did the guy you knocked out before you got on the plane back from Europe.

Aria: alright there was two reasons one the guy is a pedophile he knew I was a minor but he still hit on me and two i really wanted too stay in Europe and it worked.

stiles and Scott rolled there eyes used too arias personality but the tattoo artist eyes widen as how the three of them are normalizing this.

Stiles: I dont know, dude. These things are pretty permanent.

Scott: Im not changing my mind.

Stiles: Okay, but why two bands?

Scott: I just like it and why aren't you crapping on arias design.

stiles: because she's aria I always knew she would get a crappy tattoo.

aria: ok one, you two can go fuck yourself, two this is a cool symbol that I designed myself and three what do you mean you always knew i was gonna get a tattoo.