chapter fourteen

At the sheriff's station, Agent McCall questions Aria, Kira, Stiles, and Lydia about the incident at the power substation.

Rafeal: So when did you get there?

Stiles: At the same time.

Rafeal: At the same time as who?

Aria: At the same time as me.

Rafeal: coincidence?

Stiles: What do you mean by coincidence?

Rafeal: That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time-- was that a coincidence?

Aria: Are you asking me?

Stiles: I think he's asking me.

Lydia: I think he's asking the both of you.

Rafeal: [frustrated] Okay, let me answer the questions ...Let me ask the questions, Just so I have this absolutely clear... Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then, Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the whole town.

Stiles: Sounds about right.

Rafeal: How did you know he'd take her to a power station?

Aria: Well, because he was an electrical engineer so where else would he take her?

Rafeal: That's one hell of a deduction there.

Stiles: Yeah, what can I say? We take after our Pops. He is in law enforcement.

Sheriff sniggers in the background and disguises it as a cough. Agent McCall isn't getting anywhere with his questions.

Rafeal: What were the two of you doing?

Aria: Eating pizza.

Kira: Eating sushi.

They answered at the same time and looked at each other.

Aria: ...Eating sushi.

Kira: ...Eating pizza.

Agent McCall looked at them not believing a single word that comes out of there mouths

Kira & aria: [simultaneously] Eating sushi and pizza.

Rafeal: [scoffing] You believe this?

Noah: To be honest, I haven't believed a word Aria and Stiles has said since they learned how to speak... But, I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time, and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it.

Rafeal: Kira, is that how you remember it?

Kira looked at the three teenagers and they just stared at her hoping she'll stick to the plan.

Kira: Yes... Can I get my phone back now?

Rafeal: Sorry, but no.

They all got up and followed agent McCall out of the office, aria went to kirs to ask her about what happened

Aria: kira?

She looked at me with nervously, but before she can say anything somone called put to her

Rafeal: Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first.

Aria walked out of the station thinking about what she saw.