chapter six

MOTEL

The view of the Glen Capri changes, exterior updating as modern cars whip past while buildings rise up to surround the still iconic but no longer isolated motel.

A SCHOOL BUS rumbles into the lot, doors swinging open.

Coach and his Cross Country team disembark. An exhausted Scott, Aria and Stiles step out, followed by Allison and Lydia.

Scott: I’ve seen worse.

Aria: Where in the holy hell have you seen worse?

A WHISTLE BLOWS and Coach holds up a handful of ROOM KEYS in front of the gathering students.

Coach: Listen up. The Meet’s been pushed to tomorrow morning. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies and least amount of good judgment in accepting a group of degenerates like yourselves. You’ll be pairing up. Choose wisely.

He begins handing the keys.

Aria grabs a key and takes her bag following stiles and scott up to their room.

Aria: this feels like a start of a horror movie.

[...]

MOTEL/SCOTT, ARIA AND STILES’S ROOM

Exhausted, Aria falls back onto the bed, staring up at the slowly spinning ceiling fan.

Stiles and Scott falls in next to her.

Stiles: I have four.

Scott: Four? How could you have four
suspects?

Stiles: It was originally ten. Although, I might have listed Derek twice.

Aria: Who’s your number one? Harris?

Stiles: Just because he’s missing doesn’t mean he’s dead.

Aria: So if he’s not dead, our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices?

Scott, aria and Stiles slowly turn to share a look.

Stiles: Yeah, made more sense in my head.

Aria: he is dead, nobody found him yet

Stiles hops off the bed, pacing nervously.

Scott: What if it’s someone else in the
school? We never thought it was Matt killing people.

Aria: Ugh that asshole still drives chills up my spine.

Stiles: Excuse me, I called that from day one.

Scott: Yeah, but we never seriously thought it was Matt.

Stiles: I was serious. Quite serious.
Deadly serious. No one listened.

Scott: Who are your other three?

Stiles: Derek’s sister, Cora. Nobody knows anything about her. And she’s
Derek’s sister. Next, your boss.

Aria: My boss?

Stiles: i dont like The whole Obi-Wan Kenobi thing? You know it freaks me out.

Aria and scott looked at each other with a confused looked trying to figure out what Stiles was talking about.

Stiles: Oh my god have you two still haven’t seen Star Wars, have you?

Scott: I swear I’ll watch it if we make it back alive. Who’s the last one?

Stiles sits down again and softly speaks the name of his final suspect.

Stiles: Lydia.

Scott and aria glances to him, surprised.