chapter sixteen

Scott: [on the phone] Hey man, what's up?

Scott gets a call in the middle of the night from Stiles. At first the line is nothing but static.

Scott: [on the phone] Stiles? You there?

Stiles: [on the phone] Scott? Hey, I'm here...

Scott: [on the phone] Are you okay? Can you hear me?

Stiles: [on the phone] Scott, we don't know where we am... I don't know how we got here... I think we were sleepwalking...

Scott: [on the phone] we? Is aria there with you

Aria: [on the phone] yea am here

Scott: Okay, um, can you see anything? Just tell me what you see?

Aria: [on the phone] Uh, it's dark. It's hard to see. I think there's something wrong with my--

The line goes dead and Scott tries to call Stiles back but just gets his voicemail over and over again.

Scott: [muttering] Come on...

he finally got them back on the line

Scott: [on the phone] Stiles? Aria?

Stiles: [on the phone] Scott, I don't think we can get out of here. I can't move.

Scott: [on the phone] Where are you?

Aria: [on the phone] we don't know. I don't know. It's too dark. I can't see much, and....

Stiles: something's wrong with my leg. It's stuck on something, and it's... I think it's bleeding...

Scott: [on the phone] How bad?.... guys, how bad is it?... are you there? Can you hear me?

Aria: [on the phone] Ah, there's some kind of smell down here. Something smells terrible. It's brutal. My eyes are watering.

Scott: [on the phone] Okay, listen. I'm calling your dad--

Stiles: [on the phone] No, no, no, no, don't--

Scott: [on the phone] But your dad--

Aria: [on the phone] Don't. Just please, don't call him. Promise you won't. He already worries about us too much. Scott, please--

Scott: [on the phone] But what if I can't find you? I can't make a promise like that--

Stiles: [on the phone] No, no, no, just please... Please, don't call him. Come find us. You can do it. He doesn't have to know. Scott, you can find us.

Scott: [on the phone] I don't know if I can do this...

Stiles: [on the phone] Oh, I gotta call you back. I have to turn the phone off.

Scott: [on the phone] What? No, hey, wait--

Aria: [on the phone] we're gonna call you back-

[...]

Scott and Isaac are rushing out of the house when Stiles calls again.

Scott: [on the phone] Hey, gu--

Stiles: [on the phone] Did you call him? Did you call my dad?

Scott: [on the phone] No, just Isaac. We're coming to find you. Can you figure out where you are? Try to find something and tell us where to look.

Aria: [on the phone] It's a basement... I think-I think we're in some kind of basement...

Scott: [on the phone] In a house?