chapter fifteen

Aria dropped Kira at her home, she had already filled her in on the fact that most of her friends are werewolves and she's an were-witch.

Aria is worried that Kira won't want anything to do with her anymore, Kira surprises her by getting off the bike and asking her.

Kira: Can I see?

Aria: sure

Aria looks around but the street is pretty much deserted, she pulls down her visor so she can transform, and When she pulls off her helmet, aria is wolfed out, Kira reaches up to her face and she leaned in kissing aria who looked instantly relieved.

[...]

Chris: There was something almost ritualistic about it-- like it was looking right into his soul.

After Allison, Isaac and scott told the rest the truth that they have encountered the Ninjas before.

Isaac: That's the same thing it did to me.

Allison: That's what they did to everyone.

Scott: Not everyone. They only came after the Werewolves.

Aria: And Lydia.

Chris: Anyone with a connection to the supernatural.

Isaac: Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?

Chris: A Kumicho-- a Yakuza boss.

Allison treats her father's wounds in their study while Chris tells allison, aria, Scott, and Isaac about the first time he met the Demonic Ninjas.

Chris: It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen, and it was supposed to be a simple exchange... Except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza.

Aria: why didn't he tell you?

Chris: He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to, uh... improvise.

Allison: Or, your ability to survive.

Chris: The moment the sun came down, it was like they just materialized out of the shadows, They had swords-- not curved like katanas, but straight, black steel, like ninjatos.

Scott: What did they want?

Chris: To get to the Kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way.

Isaac: Did they mark him like they did us?

Chris: Not exactly... They stabbed him repeatedly, spilling his blood into the fountain.

Aria: What was he?

Chris: I don't know. But, there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi, They called him "Silverfinger" because of an unusual prosthetic... And it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself, I've known for a while Katashi was in the country. I spent yesterday tracking him down.

Aria: Didn't look like he wanted to be found.

Chris: Not particularly, no.

Scott: You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?

Chris: Maybe...

Allison: What if he doesn't want to talk?

Aria: What if he doesn't even remember you?

Chris: He'll remember this.

Chris showed them a shattered demon mask that he has in his possession.