vii. Decisions By Majority.

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

The brightness had faded to a scarcely discernible beacon of sunshine in the gloom of morning. Caressed by the morning rays of the dawn of the day, the Chairman's airship was colored in a resplendent amber glow, and the blues and blacks dissolved into a pleasant golden hue beneath the sky's transitory polish.

Following a long, unconventional night, the rising of the morning sun proclaims the new day ahead, and subsequently, the awaiting third phase of the Hunter Exam. The examinees were waking up from their slumber, getting ready for the zeppelin to descend from the sky and settle down safely.

(Name) could not speak for herself when mentioning the languor of nighttime. She eventually fulfilled her quest of finding a phone to call her family and spent over three-quarters of an hour chattering with them. She happened to have the incredible luck of calling them during suppertime, which was probably the only time of the day when they were all together at the same time.

(Not much had happened since her departure. Her oldest brother, León, told her that a couple of merchants had asked him to resolve a dispute regarding some legal queries with their ore resources. Her big sister Calla-Lily now performed her duties alone, and despite the presence of the other shrine maidens, she got a bit lonesome sometimes. She got told that someone had hired her father and other older brother, Sami, for their services and they would be traveling to the Begerossé Union shortly. Her mother, too, was doing okay.)

Surprisingly, the phone call left her in a better mood than she had imagined. She made a brief summary of the first phases and of the amusing people she met, along with her journey across the 'literal' world to reach the meeting site of the Hunter Exam. She obviously promised to give more details once she got back home, and her persistence to attain the license magically skyrocketed right after the sentence left her mouth.

While her family said their farewell words, she had found herself staring at the phone longingly, as if wishing for her love to materialize through it.

Now, (Name) leisurely chitchatted with Gon while disembarking the airship, the latter telling him all about last night's endeavor with the Chairman. The boy happily told her that he'd succeeded in his attempt at getting the old man to use his other hand, something at which the girl could only contentedly congratulate him.

Safely standing at the top of the brown tower, the remaining 41 applicants inquisitively observe their surroundings, assessing the possible outcomes for the phase. There's a general inquietude swirling among the ambiance, a pressured force settling upon their shoulders like dust bunnies.

(Name) wouldn't have ever imagined that it would transpire in a place like this.

If anyone were to question what this place was, she would say that it was a tremendously long, barrel-looking building located on the peak of a bizarre, cylinder-shaped mountain. However, that would simply be a moderate, casual definition to conceal what it truly masqueraded on its insides.