xx. Happy Birthday, Pigeon!

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

(Name) distinctly remembers nothing after the ritual, and trying to recollect her maelstrom of thoughts only brings a slight pulsing inside her head. She doesn't know if she reached home alone, if someone carried her there, or if Sami went out to get her.

It's morning, and the chilling silence in the room says it all. (Name)'s familiar is not there yet; from the looks of it, she's utterly alone in The Maw. However, there is something out of place inside her room right now.

Her vanity, usually bursting with ensconced, supernatural tulips, was now surrounded by beautiful lilies as white as fresh snow. And on the vanity table, five contrasting, carefully wrapped boxes were neatly stacked atop the surface.

(Name) smiled at the detail of the flowers, which she could only assume courtesy of The Maw's innate spirit, before eagerly grabbing each present and scrutinizing it, trying to discern which family member it belonged to.

One of the boxes was a medium-sized square box wrapped in Kraft paper, adorned with a twine bow and a small bouquet of dried lavender. Hanging from the side was a personalized, handwritten birthday tag with calligraphy. This one is Mom's.

The second was round and massive, covered in vibrant, multicolored wrapping paper featuring different childish animals and topped with a large, satin ribbon in a contrasting color. Glitter encompassed the card that spelled out her name, shaped like a star. Sami's, no doubt.

A sleek and square gift box wrapped in matte black paper was emphasized with a thin, silver metallic ribbon neatly tied in a simple bow. A small geometric gift tag finally confirmed that this one was from León.

Calla-Lily's was an ornate, oval-shaped box wrapped in pastel floral-patterned paper reminiscent of vintage wallpaper, decorated with a wide satin ribbon in a soft blush color, elegantly tied into a bow.

The last was a vast, rectangular gift box covered in navy blue and white striped wrapping paper. She chuckled when she realized the ribbon was tied into a sailor knot, which confirmed that it was her Dad's gift.

From her mother, she received a scarce, leather-bound copy of her favorite novels, which included a pretty bookmark and a handwritten message from the author. Calla's gift was a collection of hand-poured candles in her favorite scents and a bunch of thread bracelets. From León, she got a heart-shaped locket necklace and a beautiful lace parasol for sunny days.

Her father's box contained a considerable extension of clothing she loved, ranging from footwear to jackets. Lastly, Sami's gift was a collection of recipes for all her favorite meals inside a handmade book, with instructions on making them and numerous blank pages for her to fill whenever she discovered dishes she liked.