xxii. You Have A Heart.

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

‿̩͙‿ ༺ ♡ ༻ ‿̩͙‿

The next three weeks pass by in a blur of training and catching up.

(Name) discovered that Gon was still healing from the injury he had sustained after Hanzo broke his arm back in the Hunter Exam. Although (Name) had forgotten about it, this unconsciously prompted her to be more attentive to him. At the same time, Kurapika and Leorio trained rigorously with weighted objects obtained from Zebro and Seaquant's house to open the Testing Gate successfully in time.

Oh, yeah, (Name) got her very own vest too! She discovered that the vests she believed were bullet-proof were actually weighted clothing. The purpose of the clothing was to help them develop their strength by wearing it for the duration of their stay.

Truthfully, the abnormal weight of the heavy objects scattered around the house and the added burden on her shoulders proved hard to adjust to. (Name) had, after all, the privilege of being born in a country that had been fortunate enough to experience a prolonged period of peace. As a result, the people of that nation did not need to engage in any combat preparations to safeguard themselves against any potential threats, so that subconsciously meant that they did not need to strengthen themselves.

Luckily, Zebro gave (Name) some of the simpler objects to start with, such as the task of preparing tea whenever others requested it. So, instead of weightlifting chairs or tables, she struggled with a kettle to ensure that the cups were filled with the proper amount of liquid, and then she had to bring them over to the table without spilling them.

The hardest thing to manage was the occasional ache in her legs. The persistent discomfort, initially dismissed as a minor inconvenience, gradually evolved into an annoying hindrance as each day passed. (Name) found herself grappling not just with the physical strain but also with the mental and emotional toll of pushing her body beyond its accustomed limits.

She lay awake sometimes at night, pondering the contrast between her friends' strength and her own, wondering what she could do to gain what she lacked.

However, as days passed, these tasks became relatively more manageable, and she began participating in the older teenagers' training sessions with the groundskeeper. She could never quite match their level; still, she tried as hard as possible. To compensate, she occasionally joined Gon in his late-night workouts, where they would converse while performing pushups, planks, squats, and other exercises.

(Name) had also discovered that the Zoldyck staff was quite rude, based on what Gon had told her.

Simultaneously, Gon, Leorio, and Kurapika learned a lot about (Name)'s small vacation in her hometown.

The older teenagers couldn't help but notice how little they knew about her family or her country. Gon didn't seem to mind too much, however, and he listened to her with a warm smile as she spoke and spoke and spoke as she had never spoken before about her birthday, her gifts, her ceremony, her new familiar, her country, and how much she loved her people.