Chapter 6

Adrien/Chat

He landed on her rooftop with ease, bowing before her.

"Evening princess."

"You're in a good mood. Something happen today kitty?"

"Just got some good news is all."

What he hoped was good news anyway. That all depended on her. Whether or not it actually was Chat that she had been talking about. He stood, moving to stand next to her at the railing. She was wearing long sleeves, despite the relatively warm weather. Probably to cover that bruise she had because of him.

"Should we go inside?" He asked, and she slowly pulled away from the railing, her features somber.

She had been in a pretty good mood earlier, what happened? Was this because of her sketch book?

"What seems to be the purroblem princess?"

"Why do you keep calling me that?" She asked as she dropped through the skylight, and he sighed as he followed.

She wasn't as great at dodging questions as she thought.

"It suits you. But really, what's wrong?"

He sat down on her bed next to her, and she sighed softly as she picked at a thread on her blanket.

"You like me, right?"

Her cheeks turned pink at her own question, and he nodded, feeling warmth flood his own face.

"Yes."

"But you love Ladybug."

He said nothing, turning his attention to look around her room.

"Right? I won't be mad, or upset. It's okay."

"Yeah, I still love her."

"Doesn't that feel wrong?" She asked, and he closed his eyes, leaning his head back against her wall.

"Maybe..."

"I want to move on from buttercup. I want... I want to try us. But is that fair? To either of us? We both love other people. We both are incapable of moving on. Would that be fair?"

He hated whoever this kid was. He hated him with a burning passion.

"Let's make a deal Marinette. You still have that video game? Mecha strike three?"

She nodded, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He climbed down the steps, walking over to her desk.

"If you win, I'll let it go. Because maybe you're right. Maybe it would be unfair to the both of us to try, when we love other people. Or, maybe it would help us move on."

She followed him down to her desk, pulling out a couple of controllers.

"And if I lose?"

"If you lose, you tell buttercup everything."

"How does that benefit you at all?"

She turned to him as she booted up the game, and he sat down in the desk chair, smiling as a sense of dajavu hit him. It had only been a few years when he had come over and played this game with her as Adrien. Though, they didn't bet on that game.

"Because either that boy realizes how much of a dunce he is, and he falls at your feet with stars in his eyes," He paused for a moment as she snickered, then continued once she had stopped. "-or he doesn't feel the same. If he doesn't, then I want a shot. If he doesn't, I want at least one date. If he does, then you get your happy ending. It's a win-win."