Chapter 11

Marinette

She stormed around the room, tossing random clothes into the suitcase on her desk.

"Marinette calm down. Maybe this can be a good thing." Tiki gently whispered, and Marinette scowled in response.

This was not a good thing. Chat agreed to leave her alone. No, he offered. And now she had to go stay with the Agrestes. She had just managed to pull herself out of her Adrien phase, and there Chat Noir was, throwing her back in. Why was he doing that? Did he not care about her at all? She wouldn't push him towards some random girl.

"Mari?"

"Ugh what?"

She tossed a glare at him over her shoulder, while tossing more clothes onto the growing pile.

"This is what's best for right now."

"Adrien? You think Adrien is what's best for me right now."

He sighed, leaning back against the wall. She grabbed a sketch book, shoving it into her backpack.

"No. I just think his house is the safest at the moment."

"Please. The Agreste mansion has been targeted by numerous acumas because Gabriel is an ass." She bit back, and Chat stood straighter, crossing the room to look at her.

"I thought you were a fan of his."

"Of course I am. A fan of his designs. Not necessarily him."

She pushed past him, zipping up the bag on her bed.

"Relax Marinette. This is only until everything blows over."

"And how long do you expect that to be? You think hawkmoth is just going to forget about me because I disappear for a few days?"

"You're being awfully childish about this."

She froze, slowly turning to look at him. He didn't even look apologetic.

"I'm the childish one? You only picked Adrien because you want me to give him another shot. All because you can't admit that you don't like me."

"If I didn't like you, I wouldn't have taken you out on a date, or kissed you."

"People will do stupid things to keep from hurting someone's feelings." She snapped, heading towards the trapdoor.

He moved in front of her, sporting a scowl of his own.

"I wasn't protecting your feelings. I do like you Marinette."

"Really? Because I couldn't throw the person I like into the arms of another."

"I thought you helped Kagami and Adrien try to reconsile after their breakup."

She flinched, looking down at her bags. Yes, but that was a different situation, wasn't it? Kagami and Adrien were so alike. And he seemed happy with her. She just wanted him to be happy. Chat leaned down, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You wanted him to be happy. Even if it meant that you were the one hurting. I want you to be happy Marinette. I would love to be the one to make you happy. It's just too risky right now. Please don't be mad at me."

She sighed, leaning forward and pressing her face to his chest.

"I won't be able to see you..."

"Maybe. But I do have a burner phone. We can still text."

That wasn't the same, and he knew it. She leaned up, quickly pressing a kiss to his lips. She was just going to wait for him. Even if he didn't want her as Marinette, she already knew he loved her as Ladybug.