Chapter 10

Adrien

He was racing around in a blind panic. He had told her specifically to stay in the stupid library until he came and got her. True, maybe her leaving the library was a good thing, since Alya did figure out she had hidden in there. But she shouldn't have run off. She should have stayed around the school. Everything was locked, and he was desperately fighting the urge to start breaking down doors. Without Ladybug he wouldn't be able to fix them, and that would be a lot of property damage.

"Marinette!" He shouted, fear sinking deep into his skin, practically weighing down his bones.

What if hawkmoth took her? What if Alya had been a distraction, so he or Mayura could kidnap her? A flash of pink light caught his attention, and he jogged up to the corner it came from. He smacked into Marinette, barely catching her as she fell back.

"Are you hurt?" He blurted, and she quickly shook her head.

"No, no I'm fine."

"Then what the hell?"

He quickly released her, and she frowned at him. She had scared the shit out of him.

"I told you to stay put."

"I heard Alya say something about the library so I moved hiding spots."

"You didn't hear me calling you?"

Between him and Alya, she definitely couldn't have not heard them. She should have answered back before now.

"I was stuck in my hiding spot, I kinda had to wiggle my way out. You're about to detransform."

He glanced down at his ring, flinching at the single paw pad left. There was no way he was letting her out of his sight.

"Call Alya and tell her you're fine, and that she needs to stay wherever she is because I need to recharge."

He grabbed her hand, pulling her under the steps of the first floor. It wasn't a perfect place to detransform, but it was better than nothing.

"Wh- wait I can't go with you!"

"I know you won't look. Just call her."

He positioned himself with his back to the stairs, in case anyone was around, they would only see the back of his head, and his clothes. He was wearing a plain t-shirt and jeans, so no one would be able to tell who he was from that.

"Where are you?"

Marinette talked into her phone, and he gently turned her so that she wasn't facing him.

"Okay stay there. Chat and I will meet you in a second."

She hung up, and he felt his transformation wear off. Plagg landed on his shoulder, groaning loudly.

"I'm getting tired of playing dress up with you. Can't you just go on a regular date? This is exhausting."

"Well Plagg, if Mari and I went on a regular date, I wouldn't be giving you any extra cheese since you wouldn't be doing anything."

Plagg whined, and Adrien rolled his eyes as he pulled a tin of cheese from his pocket, offering Plagg a slice. He took it without hesitation, taking a small bite.

"Don't even think about taking your time, or I'll transform regardless of whether or not you've eaten enough."

"You and your kwami have a love hate relationship, huh?" Marinette asked, and he smiled softly.

But it wasn't like that.

"Nah, we love each other."

"Don't lie to her kid. We're just friends."