charming rm

.✧ ➤ ❝  charming rm...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

note: the italic sentences are in english!

it was the day.

two days had passed since yuri had met the group that could be the rest of her life— though she doubted it.

she was already friends with taehyung and after their initial meeting, and even thought jimin and yuri were definitely on the road to becoming friends, she doubted that having two of the seven boys on her side would result in them all wanting her in their already established bond.

she was in the bighit building, practising, much like every other trainee there. it was what she spent most of her time doing, not really having friends (at school or in the company). she was a workaholic with anything she was passionate about so even if she wasn't going to debut with bts, she was still going to work hard to make a name for herself.

she was waiting outside one of the practise rooms for her turn which she had reserved earlier when her phone started ringing. there was only ever three people who called her. this time, it was her mom.

"hi mom," she answered.

"hi honey, how's everything going?" her mother spoke in her soft voice, comforting to her ear even when she wasn't with her physically, "wasn't today the day you got the answer? what did they say?"

"hm, it is today but it hasn't happened yet," yuri responded, picking at her nails, "i don't know when they'll call me into that office. but don't worry, if i don't debut with them, i'm going to keep working hard to make you proud."

"i'm not worried one bit. you're going to sweep the world off it's feet, i just know it. if these guys know anything about what's good for them, they're going to want you with them."

yuri sniffed back her tears, but unfortunately her mom heard. "yuri, are you crying?"

"no, no i'm fine," she wiped away the tear that had managed to escape, "i just miss you. and dad, all of my friends too..."

"oh, we miss you too," her mother replied, "we're going to come visit in the summer though. i'll ask your brother to come check up on you and maybe you can go to your grandparents for a break. breaks are nice."

"i can't afford a break right now," she sighed, "and daniel's already busy working himself so don't bother him. it just gets lonely sometimes, but that's okay. i keep myself busy so please don't worry."

"you know you can always come back right?" her mom said and yuri could just image the soft look on her face, "you don't have to stay there unless it's absolutely what you want to do. no one is forcing you."

"i know mom, i want this," yuri said, "i've gotta go now. i love you. i'll call you whenever i get time, okay?"

"take care," her mom said, "i love you too. bye."

yuri ended the call and stood up, deciding to fix herself up in the bathroom before practise. as she was rounded the corner, almost bumping into a much taller body. "sorry," she muttered before looking up, eyes widened.

"it's okay." namjoon said, "are you okay, though?"

"yeah," she got over her monetary shock, "i'm fine. i just... have something in my eye. excuse me."

she walked off, face flushed deep red with embarrassment. she couldn't believe she had just cried on the phone with her mother while her potential leader had been listening from around the corner.

she could only pray that he didn't speak english.

🤍

"have you made a decision then?" bang pd asked as the eight teenagers stood in front of him, yuri further away from the boys.

she kept her eyes low, not wanting to look at namjoon's, especially after their awkward encounter in the hallway.

"we have," namjoon nodded, looking around at the group before focusing on the girl and then back to the older man, "what if we... can we practise together with yuri as a group and see if we work well? if there's group chemistry, i guess?"

yuri's head snapped towards him at that, shocked and the rest of the boys shared the same expression. she guessed that this wasn't what they had discussed prior.

"really?" even the producer seemed surprised at that, though pleasantly by the small smile on his face, "that's perfect. how about you have a three week period to see if it'll work out in the long run?"

namjoon nodded, ignoring his friends' wondering eyes, "that works. three weeks is more than enough."

"do you agree with this yuri?"

she faced the front again, "i... i guess, yes. but i'd like to talk to namjoon in private before."

"alright," pd-nim nodded, beckoning the rest of the bewildered boys out of the room, leaving just namjoon and yuri.

"what did you want to talk about?" namjoon asked.

yuri looked around before talking, "i just wanted some clarification. i don't want to be in the group just because you heard me on the phone with my mom crying and so you— uh, what's the word," she muttered to herself, "pity? i don't need you to pity me. i want to debut because i have the talent to do it."

"i know you do," he nodded, "taehyung and jimin swear that you do and i've seen you training before. you're amazing on the dance floor and you have a good voice, but i'm not going to lie and say that hearing the phone call didn't effect my decision. you deserve a chance like the rest of us."

"but not because you heard me crying," she repeated.

"then train with us and prove that you didn't just get the spot because i heard you crying," he shrugged, "prove that you have talent. prove that you deserve this. does that sound good?"

she furrowed her brows before nodding, "i can prove it. and in that case, thank you for giving me a chance. i won't disappoint."

he smiled at her and she felt comforted just by how warm his smile was. "i'm sure you won't. good luck, yuri."

"thank you," she bowed one last time, "i'll see you at practise then."

"see you then," he said but before leaving the room, he turned back around, "just a heads up though, not all of them might be the friendliest. the youngest was completely against the idea, and yoongi and seokjin hyung weren't exactly in favour either. don't be demotivated if they don't open up immediately."

she nodded, "i understand, but i think i have a pretty good way of making people like me."

"you sure do," he laughed a little and then walked way, closing the door behind him.