not the end

.✧ ➤ ❝  not the end ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘:  late october 2018𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: New York — Seoul

𝗟𝗢𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡: New York — Seoul

"you've been reading that book for the whole week now," yoongi said, taking a seat next to the younger girl, "what's written in it?"

"fan letters," she smiled softly at him. it wasn't a grin or a laugh, just a small smile, but it was a change from the frown expression that had been stuck on her face for the past week. "they wrote a lot in here. apparently this is years worth of their messages for me. it's really sweet."

"it's so long that you've been reading all week?" he leaned over to look at the book.

yuri shook her head as she handed it to him to see. "i actually finished it on the night i got it but i've been rereading it. i don't have much to do since i'm not allowed my phone very often. but honestly, this has been helping me remember exactly why i wanted to be an idol in the first place."

"does that mean you're not thinking about leaving anymore?"

yuri sighed, giving a shake of her head again as her smile fell, "i didn't say that. this is very nice, but i just— there's so many people that still don't like me. and not to mention, the company won't let me even explain myself and i'd rather be jobless than be hated by so many people for something i didn't even do."

"what do you want to do right now then?"

"i... i want to release my own statement— one that i wrote. i wanna let everyone know that i'm not a bad person," she said, "i might not be a good person, but i'm not bad either."

"you are a good person, yuri. but you're right, you deserve to be able to say what you want," he nodded, "it's your right."

"it's going to lose me my job, my dream but at least i'll get to clear my name."

"what? why would it lose you your job?"

"i— well, i was told that the statement the pr team came up with was damage control. i wasn't allowed to make changes to it at all. it was obvious that they just wanted to push this under the rug, the cover it up until people forget about it. if i push them, they'll—"