namjoon and taehyung's enlistment

.✧ ➤ ❝ namjoon and taehyung's enlistment ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

"yuri, over here!" namjoon called her over when she got out of her car

"yuri, over here!" namjoon called her over when she got out of her car. she smiled at walked over, her arms immediately wrapping around his waist. "oh wow, you're feeling clingy today, huh? it's okay, cling all you want."

"your hair looks the same."

"yeah, it's almost like i've had it cut for awhile now," he said sarcastically before pulling out of the hug, "jungkook not come with you?"

"no," she said, "i came straight from the studio."

"that's either code for you and jungkook fought," he said, "or you spent all night working and didn't sleep at all. so which one was it?"

"why would you assume..." she sighed when she noticed that he wasn't buying it, "it's the second one. and before you start, jungkook already lectured me about it—"

"too bad, i'm gonna lecture you more. you have got to stop doing that. i literally pull you out of the building and deliver you home, so i'm going to need you to that yourself now, okay?"

"how do i pull myself?"

"i don't know, but figure it out," he ruffled her hair, ignoring her protest, "you better get a good eight hours of sleep."

"you're a hypocrite, you know that? how many hours did you sleep this week?"

"twenty... for the whole week, but that doesn't matter. promise me you won't overwork yourself?" he held up his pinky. she sighed and interlocked hers with his and muttered, "i promise."

"good," he ruffled her hair again, just to annoy her and she slapped his hand away.

"wow, is this a new fashion trend?" yuri asked as taehyung walked over to them, "should i shave my head too?"

"yeah, do it," taehyung said, "new hair means a comeback right?"

"a comeback from the military, hopefully."

"so what are you going to do for the next like... six months?" namjoon asked, "we're your only friends."

"rude," she scoffed, "i have a ton of other friends."

"you're six year old niece doesn't count." taehyung said.

"i have bam and maple."

"they're animals."

"are you discriminating?"

"they can't even talk."

"they're very expressive with their actions," she said, "when bam stands by the door that means he has to go potty and when maple starts crying that means she hasn't been fed in a whole two minutes."

"so you're booked and busy," taehyung joked.

"super."

"i'll be right back," namjoon noticed that bang pd had just arrived so he tapped her arm and left the two second youngest alone.

"you look like the tae i first met," yuri smiled at him.

"do i? did i age backwards?" he sheepishly rubs his head.

she nodded, "you were so energetic back then. you were literally the opposite of me."

he shrugged, "did we switch personalities at some point?"

"huh... i think we did. that's crazy."

"great, now you can go to the military of me since you're technically me."

"that's not how that works."

"damn it."

"you're weird."

"you're weirder."

she couldn't help it and finally cracked, laughing, "gosh, we're actually children. this is so dumb."

"i win," he smiled when she laughed, "but i agree, we can't seem to hold a normal, serious conversation... ever."

the fell into a comfortable silence, yuri kicking the pebbles on the ground.

"are you okay?"

"hm? me? why wouldn't i be? i have freedom for the first time in ten years. no annoying boys around."

"yuri, i'm really trying to be serious but you make it so difficult."

she smiled at him before her expression turned more somber, "i'll be fine, tae. no need to be so worried. this isn't about me. you go and—"

"yuri, if it's about one of us, then it's about all of us. i'm nervous as hell, a little scared but weirdly i'm kinda excited. now tell me what you're feeling."

"i just..." she shrugged, "i don't know. i'm sad, of course but i'm also a little scared to be left all by myself. and weirdly enough, i'm really excited for you all to be back. there. that's what i'm feeling. good?"

"good," he said, "take care of yourself. we'll be back before you know it."

she nodded, pulling him into a hug. "see you soon, tae."

"yeah," he hugged her back, "i'll miss you."

"i'll miss you too."

"i'll miss you three!" jungkook joined in on their hug, wrapping his arms around both of them.

"oh," yuri groaned, trying to slip out of the hug, "i think my ribs just broke."

"oh, are we doing a group hug?!" jimin quickly joined, trapping yuri even more tightly in the middle, "namjoon hyung, come join!"

namjoon rolled his eyes but joined nonetheless, almost pushing them with force and almost knocking all of them over. "oh, now my ribs are definitely broken."

...

annie's thoughts 💭:
this is a couple months too late but oh well