CHAPTER 1:

Y/N

"Why do I have to sign a contract binding me to a year term as head advisor?" I questioned Tsunade-Sama.

She smiled, "It's to make sure you don't leave hastily". My face portrayed my confusion and I asked "Why would I leave hastily? I'm not one to give up or do things half assed".

"I know y/n, it's honestly just an agreement. It's made to sound bad using the word 'binding' but it's just to help the stability of the village. After the war, we need stability and if our new Hokage loses his head advisor so quickly, it looks bad" she stared.

My brows furrowed, "why would the hokage lose me so quickly?". She waved her hand in the air, "I was just using it as an example." I stared at her for a few seconds because tilting my head, "You're making me nervous Tsunade-Sama, is Hatake really that hard to deal with?"

"Oh no, no, no. He just didn't want this job, I don't blame him but he's the best man for it" she replied. "That's a lot of no's" I thought but nodded.

I sighed, "Fine. I'll go over the contract with you and if everything looks great then i'll sign". She clapped and brought out the contract, "Thank you for agreeing to this y/n" she smiled. I looked at the contract on the desk then her, "I didn't sign it yet" I said with a smirk and she softly smiled and shook her head. She handed me the contract to read over and said to let her know if I had any questions. After reading for a while I noticed something weird.

"Umm Tsunade-Sama, what is this?" I asked while pointing to a section in the contract. "Hmm? What?" she questioned. I moved the contract closer and pointed, "This, it says I have to move next door to him? Why?."

"Oh! Because of how much work you'll be doing together, Shizune practically lived with me so we thought i'd be better for you and him to be near each other" She said.

"Umm make sense, I guess?" I murmured. Her head tilted, "You won't have any expenses since the village provides housing for the Hokage, we just added you under his." I nodded, "The money isn't the issue, I just never lived near a man before so it's just a little out of my comfort zone." I stated.

She snorted, "You wouldn't be living in his space y/n, so don't worry about that. You'll have your own place and the walls are thick" she winked, "if you're worried about him hearing anything, don't be."

My eyes widened, "Tsunada-Sama! That's not what I was getting at" she chuckled, "I just haven't lived near a person since I was like 10, that's a long time to be by yourself with no neighbors. Add in suddenly moving in the heart of the village with the Hokage as my neighbor, it's a big daunting."

"I understand, we just thought it'd be easier. Don't underestimate the amount of work you'll have and overestimate how much energy you'll have at the end of the day." she said.

I sighed and leaned back in my chair, "You're making me regret taking this on." She smirked, "Oh hush, you know you can handle this and I have a feeling you're the only one who can handle him."

"Oh god, is he a man child?" I asked with wide eyes, "Please tell me he is not going to be like Jiraiya.. I can't handle another one of him" I smiled but it tapered off, "I'm sorry, Tsunade-Sama. I shouldn't have said that"

She laughed loudly causing me to jump on my seat, "Oh dear y/n, thank you for that laugh. Don't apologize, I'm sure Jiraiya loves the fact that we're talking about him. Keeps his memory going but to answer your question, no, he isn't like him" she giggled. I relaxed again, smiled and continued reading.

After an hour of reading every line of the contract I signed on the dotted line. Tsunade looked mighty happy with herself and held out a hand for me to shake, "Thank you again!" she said.

I shook her hand and laughed, "Don't thank me yet, i've never been head advisor, I may screw this all up."

"Have a little faith! Okay, so i'm giving you this weekend to move all your belongings into your new place, here's your keys. On Monday you'll start, I've been training Kakashi so he'll start his first day on Monday as well. Be here by 7AM sharp, okay?"

I nodded and left her office, I twirled the keys around my fingers making my way to my house. I was mentally prepared myself for the moving i'll be doing and get started on packing.

It was Sunday night and I had everything unpacked, I was making dinner trying to calm my nerves about tomorrow. After dinner I showered and got ready for bed, tomorrow will be good, it'll be great, I chanted before falling asleep with a smile on my face.