CHAPTER 22:

Y/N

"This is fucking weird." I grumbled to Sakura who was also looking around my office with furrowed brows. "It looks like a you're working a second job as a florist.. Does Ino even have any flowers left in her shop?" She waved her hands around the room, it looks like a flower demon vomitted all over my office.

"I seriously doubt it." I responded and she giggled that turned into a maniacal laugh. "I feel like that should be my reaction." I grumbled and she laughed louder.

"Holy shit. What was he thinking?" She asked in-between bursts of air and I shrugged my shoulders. It has been a month since Kakashi and I had that talk and any talk other than work related topics. He left me alone for 5 days, which is feat apparently because since then he has not stopped with the random gift giving, food deliveries, random surprises, days off, etc.

"Who knows what goes on in his head." I acted annoyed but really, he was wearing me down. Not enough to fully forgive him or jump into bed with him again but maybe friends? Acquaintances? Fuck buddies? I shook my head at the last thought, that would be the worst thing to do.

"How long has this been going on?" She asked while cooing over a beautiful bouquet of roses.

"A month? Just about, I think." I shrugged and tried to look uninterested but was failing. He got all of my favorite flowers, how he found majority of them is baffling.

"What will you do with them?"

"I dunno. They're to pretty to throw out though." I let out a sigh and sat in my chair, my eyes instantly snagging on a note with my name on it. I grabbed it before Sakura could see it and placed it on my lap.

"It's kinda sweet.." She murmured and I cracked a small smile. It's incredibly sweet but I still couldn't fully forgive him. The man was relentless though, i'll give him that. "It is.."

"How's he been? Working wise?"

"Much easier than how we first started." I laughed. "The other day, I messed with him a little. Acted like I was mad at him over something just to watch him freak the fuck out trying to fix it."

She shook her head with a huff. "Why?"

I shrugged. "Because I was bored and watching him run around like a chicken without its head was super entertaining." I giggled.

"I'd say take it east on him but if anyone deserves that, it's him." She took a seat in front of my desk and we both laughed, realizing a giant bouquet of orchids blocked us.

"How did he even find these?" She huffed. "They grow so far away from our village." I gave her a look like how am I suppose to know when the door to his office opened.

He walked through and his eyes widened, seeing Sakura and I essentially buried under all the flowers. "Uhh.." He let out a nervous chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't realize how much I got.. I can have some moved out."

I bit my lip from smiling and Sakura laughed. "A bit overboard don't you think, Kakashi-Sensei?"

He shook his head. "No, I don't think so." He said seriously while gazing around. 'This man.' I shook my head.

"I'll pick the ones I want to stay and the rest can be placed around the building." I told him and he nodded then hesitated. His eyes went from my desk to me to back down, Sakura's head tilted.