CHAPTER 3:

Kakashi

I wanted to cry, never thought i'd feel like that again but looking at the woman across from me wearing a smirk and knowing i'm stuck with her for a year has me close to tears. I keep trying to remember a contract about her being my advisor for a year but I keep coming up blank. I should have asked Tsunade for a picture of her before agreeing to hire her because how the hell am I suppose to work with her. Curves in all the right places, toned muscles indicating many years of training and a mouth that keeps up with me? I've died and gone to heaven or maybe hell because I have to work with her but can never touch her.

I sighed, "Fine. We'll try to work together but keep up and make sure you're on top of everything" I really should have picked better wording because now i'm picturing her on top of me. Thank God I wear this mask so she can't see my face heating. I also didn't mean for it to sound rude but she has my blood rushing so loud, I can barely hear myself think.

Her eye twitches slightly at my words and tone but her smirk stays in place, "Oh, don't worry boss man. I'll keep up with you, don't doubt me." she replied. My mind already conjuring up pictures of how she'll keep up with me.

I shook my head and cleared my throat, "Okay. First, how about we talk about your duties?"

"Fine by me." she shrugged and leaned over to retrieve a notebook, showing me a glimpse of her cleavage. I'm such a dirty old man.

"What's first?" She looked up at me.

I raised a brow, "You don't want to tell me what you're going to do?"

"Seems a little redundant, you and Tsunade-Sama are two different people. If you have a system you would like done then we'll do it your way. I find it easier that way."

I nodded, it made sense, "Okay. You have access to my schedule, I require you to keep on track of it and remind me whenever there are appointments. Every morning we'll meet and discuss the day and what's coming up in the week. You'll have your own office attached to mines that people will enter from and we'll keep in communication through the phone on your desk when people come in. You'll take notes at all the meetings, file them appropriately and email me copies. Following me so far?"

I heard her pen creak and I looked at her, "Yup." she replied popping the "p" without looking at me. I paused before I continued.

"You'll filter through my emails and only send me the important ones, the rest you should be able to answer" in the corner of my eye I noticed her eye twitch again and I smiled. She's so easy to rile up.

"Should you have any questions you can always ask."

"Mhm."

"Paperwork will get sent to you, anything that needs a signature save them for the end of the day. An hour before we leave we will meet where you will go over all that needs to get done. You'll start at 7AM and end at 5PM. You have an hour for lunch and let me know before you leave, got it?"

"Aye aye" you muttered, I wanted to smile.

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, I got it." you said with fake smile.

I gave her a closed eye smile, "You end at 5PM but I hope you understand that sometimes we may stay over time. I hope you don't mind."

She laughed softly and I opened my eyes to look at her, "I understand how much time and effort goes into being an advisor for the Hokage. Although the time doesn't matter since we're neighbors and all." she ended with a smirk.

I froze and when I didn't reply her smirk deepened, "What do you mean, we're neighbors?" I finally got out, my voice sounded angry.

She smiled like a cat who ate the canary, "It means, if work goes over we can always work here" she gestured to the office "as office neighbors or at one of our places as house neighbors."

My mouth opened and closed a few times before I composed myself, "I was not made aware of this."

"Didn't think so, since you had no idea about the contract in the first place"

She chewed on her pen when she rifled through her bag and pulled out a stack of papers, standing up and bringing it to my desk, she pointed to a section.

"Here outlines that they put me under your housing and placed me right next to you"

I skimmed the paragraph and my fists clenched under the table.

"I see" I replied while I tried to get my shit together.

"Funny how things work out, huh?" she smiled at me.

"Hmm." I see I have been reduced to two word replies and noises.

She placed the contract back in her bag and gave me her full attention, "So, shall we get on with our first day or do you have more things to discuss Hokage-Sama?"

Damn her. She knows she got the upper hand by throwing me off track with the whole "neighbors" thing. I'll let you win this time sweetheart.

"You're excused" I told her without looking at her, picking up a pen.

She stood up and walked to the door that connects our offices then paused, "I hope we can have a good working relationship Hokage-Sama. I'd hate for your job to be harder" she said sweetly before walking out the door. I finally released a breath and slouched in my chair. This is going to be the longest year of my life.