CHAPTER 18:

Kakashi

"What the hell is the meaning of this?!" Tsunade's voice rang loud enough to bounce off the walls. 'Guess she sobered up.' It was poor planning on my part, drunk or not, of course she'd find it suspicious that I had Anbu take her home.

"None of your concern." I replied, my eyes trained on y/n. I didn't want to believe what I was told today, mostly because it came from her but the evidence was too powerful to overlook.

"The fuck it isn't." She seethed, I faced her, quirking a brow and she flexed her jaw. "Release her, Kakashi." She demanded and I chuckled. "You're not Hokage anymore Tsunade."

"Don't get cocky now, Kakashi. You're right, i'm not because you are so fucking act like it." Her response pissed me off. "I am." I said evenly but my tone held venom and warning. "You're free to leave." I shrugged while I faced y/n.

"Where did this come from all of a sudden?" Her tone still demanding, angry and confused. I understood where she was coming from, I had the same reaction earlier.

A few hours earlier

"Why are you here?" I demanded when I entered my office 20 minutes after you left for lunch.

"Kakashi, I need to talk to you. Please, it's urgent." Her whiny voice annoyed me and I was seconds away from calling more Anbu to my office but my curiosity overruled. I took a seat at my desk and stared at her for a few moments.

'Please God, do not let listening to my ex girlfriend be a mistake.'

I sighed. "What do you want Mai?"

"Your advisor." She said and I stiffened. "What about her?" I asked calmly and I watched Mai nervously bite at her nails. "She's not who you think she is." I raised a brow and stayed quiet.

"She's an Uchiha, a direct descendant of Madara." She whispered and I wanted to roll my eyes. When I didn't say anything her eyes widened. "You knew?!" I scoffed but still refused to give her anything. The real question was how did she know? Do I have a rat?

"What you probably don't know is that she is also a Senju." That has me sitting up straighter. "She is a threat to the peace that has been created. She is the reason for the Shinobi starting issues and wanting the infinite tsukuyomi back. It's because of her that people believe it's doable. She would be able to call forth the Gedo statue!" She was slightly panting but it felt as if my breathing stopped.

"How do you know all this?" I asked her and she pulled out a folder. "I've done research, recon and everything in between. I have proof." She placed the file on my desk and I raised a brow at her.

"I know you don't believe me, Kakashi.. but I promise I'm telling you the truth." She pleaded and I scoffed. "The truth? I should believe you? Why should I when you've done things like made me love you when the entire time you were sent by Obito to seduce me? Or when you were a major part in starting the 4th great ninja war, double crossing everyone for Madara? A huge part because you were the one who found Obito and brought him to Madara? Or the one who told him that Rin and I would be there that day?" My voice slightly raised and I slapped my fist on the desk.

"I'm trying to right my wrongs.." She whispered and 4 Anbu arrived in my office hearing my fist against wood. I motioned them to take her and I opened the folder. My heart and mind raged against each other the more I looked, eventually my mind won and my heart broke.