CHAPTER 14:

Kakashi

I still had no idea what i'm doing, what we're doing. I realize that this is very unprofessional but at the moment, I couldn't care less. I want you, I know that much and I can admit that you mean more to me than just an employee. By watching blood leak out of your mouth and thinking you died made sure of that. 

You've been sleeping for a few hours and I still have not figured out, what to say to you. Should we keep it strictly physical? Using each other when we need release? Would you be okay with that? Would I be? Or stop all together, strictly being a Hokage / advisor relationship? I let out a groan and rubbed a hand down my face, this is why I never pursued a woman outside of a fun night; this overthinking shit is exhausting. The sound of rustling brought my attention to the bed. I smiled watching your eyes flutter then slowly open, I've never stayed at a woman's place until the morning and now I know why. That soft look on your face, the lazy smile you give me because your brain hasn't quite caught up. The way the bed looks much more enticing with you in it, I was equally confused and turned on. 'Soft look? What the fuck'

"Hey.." You murmured and I smiled.

"Hey"

"What time is it?" You rubbed your eye and let out a yawn.

"It's almost 6PM, you feel like staying in tonight and cooking?" I questioned while slowly dragging my eyes down her body before coming back up.

"Yeah." You gave me another soft smile and I walked up to you leaning over.

"Yeah?" I murmured before pulling my mask down and giving you a kiss.

I felt you smile against my lips and pulled away with a laugh. "Don't let me regret that, Hatake. You better make something good." 

I huffed. "Just for that, you make your own food." I teased before catching your lips again, before we could deepen the kiss, I broke away. I smiled seeing your pout and bit your bottom lip.

"Come on, lazy. Get your fine ass up." I tapped said ass and left the room with your laugh and voice following me.

"It is a fine ass and don't you forget it, Hatake!" You yelled.

What a bizarre turn of events our relationship has taken, we went from at each other throats to teasing and flirting? Fucking odd, I shook my head.

You joined me in the kitchen minutes later and raised a brow at the counter. "What?" I questioned.

"Did you rob a grocery store?" You bit your lip to stop from laughing and I took a peak at the counter.

Instantly my face warmed and I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck. "I guess I did go a little overboard."

"A little?" A easy laugh leaving your lips. "I think you got enough food to last a month, you know we are only here until tomorrow, right?"

"Shut up, pick what you want us to cook." I flicked your forehead causing you to rub the spot, I jumped out of the way before you could hit me. 

After we finished cooking dinner we brought the plates to the dining room, the food was amazing. It was baffling how easy it was for us to slip into a comfortable rhythm, it was equal parts nice and terrifying. We eventually cleaned the kitchen and made our way to the coffee table in the living room with a bottle of Sake. Our conversation flowed, never stopping or lagging, no awkward pauses or fidgeting. She ensnared me like a vicious siren and I happily drowned, 'I could get used to this'. The thought caused me to panic, I tensed and you noticed.