6.3 • Pampering Her Husband

He was declared innocent by the court. Because as lawyers and journalists had predicted the case against Shahzain was very weak. And Zamirah was too strong headed and determined that she left the prosecutor speechless. It took mere three hours and the verdict was given in Shahzain's favour.

Shahzain, Zamirah and their family members exited the court only to get encountered by media. They began bombarding questions on Shahzain. Some of them were so absurd that he wanted to punch those journalists on their faces, regardless of their gender. He was fed of the toxicity directed at him.

Zamirah held his arm and kept moving towards their car. She could see how hard he was trying to not lash out in front of the cameras.

But then Waheeda Khan came shouting furiously. Everyone went silent. Cameras were already prepared to record the drama.

“He has killed my daughter! He is a murderer!”

Shahzain kept quiet because he felt guilty. Even if he hadn't killed Tanaz but his cold behaviour must have made things for her mental health. But Zamirah could not tolerate that lady anymore. She got so furious that without thinking she yelled, “Your daughter died because you were a terrible mother to her!”

Waheeda went still from the shock she experienced from Zamirah's words. She wasn't able to say anything.

Shahzain, angry at Zamirah's words, pulled her with him to the car. Their parents followed them in the other car.

The driver was focusing on the road and trying his best to not concentrate on what his employers were arguing about.

“Zamirah, why are you so impulsive? You shouldn't have said that. She is a mother who has lost her daughter.” He scolded her but in a gentle and emotional tone.

Zamirah's eyes were full of tears by then. She hated this trait of hers. Sometimes she just wants to be mean. She can't play a good person all the time like Shahzain does. Sometimes it felt better to be her bad version.

“I don't care! She called you a murderer, Shahzain. And you are still worrying about her.”

“Zamirah, you are not like this.” He cupped her face.

She pushed away his hands and yelled at him,“Yes, I am. I can be a bad person with people like her and her dead daughter. I don't give a penny about their traumas.”

“You are emotional right now.” He sighed before kissing her forehead and hiding her face in his chest.

💗💗💗

The next morning when Zamirah was back to her normal self she decided to pamper her husband. Because this entire fiasco was traumatic for him and she felt guilty for pouring out her anger on him previous day.

So she prepared a delicious cup of coffee for her husband and took it to their bedroom where he was sleeping peacefully after a long time.

“Zain, wake up.” She shook his arm.

Shahzain opened his sleepy eyes and saw her standing with a cup of coffee in her hands. He smiled at her lazily before moving up and leaning against the headrest. His naked chest was a delight for her eyes. She handed him the cup and Shahzain gladly sipped the coffee.

“Hmm, it's tasty.” He smiled.

“Thank you. You enjoy your coffee. Till then I'll prepare a bubble bath for you.”

“There's no need. I'll take a shower.”

“No, you need a long relaxing bubble bath. Now drink the coffee and then come to the bathroom.”  She kissed his cheek and entered the ensuite.