9.0 • Umeed E Naaz

“The new English professor is so hot. I could orgasm just listening his voice.”

Niharika heard a junior say that. She wanted to punch that bitch on her face but she controlled her anger and entered the classroom.

She threw her books on the front bench and sat beside her friend Gurnoor while mumbling profanities under her breath.

“Cool down, Niha. No one in the university knows that Anant is your fiance.”  Gurnoor tried to cool her anger down.

“My blood is boiling! Those bitches have literally made my man their sex icon. I want to rip them apart.”  She fisted her hands.

“You can surely do that, but only in your dreams.”

“Noor, yaar, you will understand my anger only when you'll see other girls drooling over your man.”

“Thank God, I'm single.”

Niharika glared at her friend before diverting her attention to her phone. She was watching reels on Instagram when a Whatsapp message popped on her screen.

My Teddy Bear 🐻 - Come to my office right now.

“Oh, I think your teddy bear wants to cuddle.”  Gurnoor teased her.

Niharika rolled her eyes and picked her books before exiting the classroom.

💌💌💌

Anant was busy preparing for the next lecture when he heard a knock on his door.

“Come in.”  He said.

Niharika entered the room and frowned looking at him. She was acting like an Angry Bird more often since he joined the university as a lecturer. She took quick steps towards him and removed the specs from his eyes.

“Niha, give me my specs!” He protested but she put them in the pocket of her jeans.

“Don't you dare wear them here.”  She warned him, throwing her books on the table and crossing her arms around her chest.

“Why?”  He asked in utter confusion.

“Because you look hot in them.”  She complained.

“Niha, baby, you know I can't read without specs. Come on, give them back.”  Anant tried his best puppy face to melt her dramatic heart.

“Then promise me you won't wear them in front of those horny bitches.”

“Horny bitches?”  He had no idea what she was talking about.

“Yeah, horny bitches who get orgasm just hearing your voice.”   She repeated that bitch's words.

“Ooh, I didn't know I'm that hot.”  He joked.

“Shut up!” Niharika yelled angrily.

“Niha...” He pulled her closer and made her sit on his lap, “Baby, they don't know we are engaged.”

Niharika wrapped her arms around his neck, “Then tell them.”

“That would make things awkward for us. We had discussed it, right?”

Niharika sighed helplessly before handing him his specs and got up from his lap.

“It's your last semester, Niha. Focus on your studies.” He told her.

Niharika gave him her deadliest glare before picking up her books and leaving his office.

“Niha!” Before Anant could react, she was already out.

💌💌💌

A week later, Anant's Nani returned to India from England after thirteen years. Anant and his family went to meet her and they took Niharika with them too.

Niharika was expecting to meet a stylish granny wearing jeans and overcoat who had a British accent. But surprisingly Anant's granny was dressed in a simple Salwar Kameez with a shawl wrapped around her shoulders. She looked just like a typical Punjabi grandmother, but with a softer tone.

Niharika wasn't sure if she should touch her feet or not. She always gets confused about that. Because whenever she tries to touch any elder's feet, they just won't let her do that.

But her confusion died down when the granny embraced her in a hug as soon as they were introduced.

That night was spent sitting around bonfire in the backyard of the house and eating ground nuts. Anant and Niharika sat down together, laughing at elders reminiscing their funny memories and pulling each other's leg.

“You remember, my semester is almost over.” She mumbled to him.

“Of course, I do.”

“And do you remember what will happen after that?”  She asked excitedly.

“Our engagement. But I don't understand the reason for your excitement.”

“You'll be wearing that engagement ring to the college and those bitches will see that. And finally they'll know that they stand no chance.”

“Put same intensity into your studies too. Exams are starting next week.”

“Don't start professing me.”  She frowned.

“I'm a professor. Professing is my job.”  He smiled.

💌💌💌

It was their engagement ceremony. Niharika was dressed in a beautiful green saree with a matching green veil on her head. While Anant was wearing a Kurta in the same shade as her saree.

Their five years together flashed in front of their eyes. They met when she was in the first year of bachelor's and he was in the final year of master's. And they began dating. Two years later, they told their families about them dating each other. It took six months to convince their families but then they agreed.

Their was a glint of happiness in their eyes as they slipped rings into each other's fingers.

“I love you.” He whispered in her ear.

“I love you too. Make sure you wear this ring in college so that no girl dares to approach you.”  She added.

“Niha, you are starting this again.”  He frowned.

“What? I have a handsome fiance. Of course, I'll be like this.”  She shrugged.

“Okay, leave this topic. Wanna eat some Chhole Bhature?” He asked excitedly.

“Yeah!” She nodded excitedly.

Anant quickly told his young cousins to bring them two plates of Chhole Bhature and other snacks. While both of them went to the vacant room at a corner of the banquet hall so their mothers don't catch them cheating on their diet plan.

Their life together was dramatic with Niharika getting red every time she saw some girl or woman eye raping Anant. But Anant enjoyed these situations because it just made their life a little more light hearted.

•••

Oops, I forgot to mention earlier that it's a one shot.