Chapter 21

Narrated

At the Ngonyama Kingdom

The King has lost weight because he is stressed, the Kingdom is slowly perishing it is losing it's crops and the river is drying up, the King does not know what to do anymore the only river that has not dried up is the Ngonyama sacred river which no man dares to enter it is said that only the chosen Ngonyama decendant can enter the river and perform the rituals needed and he who dares to enter the Ngonyama sacred river and is not the chosen one will either go insane or be wiped from the face of the earth so no man dares to go there.

The King went into Bab'Mbathas rondavel to talk to him about the things that have been happening in the Kingdom, he knocked and Bab'Mbatha told him to come in.

King Nkosiyezwe: Shandu kaNdaba (praise)

Bab'Mbatha: Ndabezitha (praise)

King Nkosiyezwe: ninjni (how are you)

Bab'Mbatha: syphila singezwa ngawe (good and how are you)

King Nkosiyezwe: ay syancenga (I'm trying)

Bab'Mbatha: idliwa yini inkosi yami? (What's bothering you my king)

King Nkosiyezwe: ilokhu okwenzeka la embusweni wami (it's this thing that is happening in my Kingdom)

Bab'Mbatha: kuphi Nkosi yami (what my king)

King Nkosiyezwe: ukuphela kwezitshalo kanye namanzi emifuleni kanti nezulu alifuni ukuna (the depletion of my crops and the water in the river and there is no rain)

Bab'Mbatha: angani inkosi yatshelwa ngalokhu (but the King was told about this)

King Nkosiyezwe: ngani? (About what)

Bab'Mbatha: washo uDlokodloko ukuthi uma izinkosazane zingakalibhadi la embusweni wakoNgonyama angeke kuze kulunge lutho (Dlokodloko said if the princesses have not set foot in the Ngonyama Kingdom nothing will go well)

King Nkosiyezwe: ngizamile ukuyibheka kodwa angiyitholi ndawo angisazi ke manje ukuthi ngiyibhekephi (I tried looking for her but I couldn't find her anywhere I don't know where to look now)

Bab'Mbatha: kuzomele ibhekwe inkosazane ibuyiswe ekhaya (you have to find the Princess and bring her home)

King Nkosiyezwe: engabe inkosazane ingeyami ngempela na? (Is the Princess really mine)

Bab'Mbatha: yebo nkosi yami kunjalo (yes my King)

King Nkosiyezwe: okusho ukuthi uMama wakhe yilo engalala naye waqede wabaleka emvakokuvunywa uNgonyama, Sontshikazi ngicela ukhulume namathonga angitshengise ukuthi ngingayitholaphi ingane yami (Meaning her mother is the one I slept with and she ran away after Ngonyama has blessed her, Sontshikazi please talk to the ancestors so they can show me where I will find my child)

Bab'Mbatha did as he was told, meanwhile Queen Delisile was standing by the door listening to what was being said by the King and Bab'Mbatha. When she heard him confess she got furious and went to the witch that helped her become Queen. She walked down the forest till she got to Khondlo's hut, when she got there she took off her shoes and got in without knocking.

Khondlo: Sthandwa sami

Queen Delisile smiled widely

Queen Delisile: Khondlo wami

Khondlo: ubekwa yini la? (what brings you here)

Queen Delisile: kuzomele siyithole kuqala lentombazanyana ekuthiwa iyona inkosazane ngoba make bayithola bona bazoyiletha la mase kuyaphela ngathi (we have to find this little girl that is said to be to princess first because if they find her first it's over for us)