Chapter 35

Narrated

The Khumalo family is broken beyond repairs. Losing their child really broke them, especially Ntombi, as this was her child. She carried him for 9 months and raised him, but now he is gone and never coming back. They were trying to be there for their mother, but it was hard for them since they also wanted someone to be there for them. They had also lost a brother, but their mother was the main priority right now. She still refuses to eat, and they are afraid that she will lose even more weight. Sboniso and Nobuhle were still at home comforting their parents. Themba tried really hard to hide his feelings, but he failed when he was speaking to Sboniso. The uncles and aunts were also there for the family through this tough time. It was still very confusing as to which animal would attack a man like that. They wanted it found and killed like it did with their son. The police had been searching and searching, but they couldn't find even a single clue on which animal it was and how it got there. It was also a mystery how everything of his was still in his room, even his car, yet he was found dead in the bushes. Could he have been sleepwalking? No, he never sleeps walks, nor is he the person to have nightmares. It all just never made sense and felt surreal to them. Themba then decided that they were going back to KwaZulu-Natal to stay there for good. He wanted to be closer to his sons grave, which was understandable. He said that the rest of his sons could go back to Gauteng because they had jobs there. They disagreed with him at first but then finally gave in. Sboniso could care less about it as he was not close with him, but it did hurt him because he was his brother. Other than that, he did not care about his parents staying in KwaZulu-Natal for good.

Nobuhle's Pov

Today is the 25th, and I am now going back to Gauteng. It has been tough, but we will pull through. It hurt to see my parents like that. Yes, Themba is not my real father, but he raised me. He loved and cared for me. He will always be my dad no matter what. On my way back home, I started by the hospital to check on Caleb, and they told me that he got discharged two weeks ago. Oh, he did not tell me that. I went back to my car and called him. He didn't pick up, so I tried him again.

Caleb: What do you want?

Me: Hello to you too, Caleb

Caleb: Okay, what do you want?

Me: I'm here at the hospital. I came to check up on you, but they said you got discharged long ago, and yet you did not tell me.

Caleb: You only came to see me once Angel just once, and yet you want me to tell you when I am being discharged?

Me: My brother died, and I was in KwaZulu-Natal all this time. I just came back, and I started by the hospital to check up on you.

Caleb: Oh, I am sorry for your loss

Me: it is fine

Celab: Look, I am a bit busy. Can I call you later?

Me: Okay, no problem at all

He then hung up, okay, someone's mad.

I drove back home.

Esihle: Mommy

We are now seated in the living room, and I am teaching her how to draw and color within the lines.

Me: Yes, baby?

Esihle: How come I have never met your side of the family, but I always go and visit daddy's family?

Me: uhm baby, it is because mommy has some problems with her family and so you can not go there until they are sorted which is why you go to daddy's family.

Esihle: What kind of problems, mommy?

Me: it is adult problems, but I promise you that as soon as they are sorted, I will take you there to visit.