Chapter 55

Nobuhle's Pov

I had the most peaceful night ever. I felt every single ounce of power run through my blood. I feel so powerful and reborn it's like I'm about to start a new chapter of my life. I feel like something had been unlocked and is now going to do great things. It's just around 5:30 in the morning, and Lizwi and I are still in bed talking.

Me: What are you going to do about your father?

He looked at me and looked away.

Me: I know you don't want to have this conversation, but you have to face it

Lizwi: Fine, I will have to tell mom everything

Me: She will hate me, Lizwi

Lizwi: So what? As long as I love you, no one else matters. If they don't like you, I really don't care.

Me: I really don't want to go back to how things were when they thought I seduced your brother

Lizwi: I will talk to her babe please trust me, I will make things right for you

Me: I trust you, Lizwi, now tell me about this ganglords stuff

His face went plain.

Me: Don't give me that look. I want to know before I go all Ngonyama on you

He laughed out loud and kissed my head.

Lizwi: Okay, fine, and I'm only saying this because I'm scared of this thing. We got introduced into this gangster shit by Luzuko's father. He was the most feared ganglord, and he had to protect his son, so he taught him a few things. One day, he put us in a test. He planned this whole thing to get us kidnapped and taken somewhere where there will be people to torture us and do all kinds of brutal things. We didn't know that it was him who was behind all of this, so when the opportunity got presented to us, we used our skills.

Me: Let me guess, you were the fighter

He laughed.

Lizwi: Yes, that's why they gave me the name Killer.

Me: Killer, I dig it

Lizwi: No, I no longer go by that name. So I was the one who fought to kill the men while Luzuko used his skills in coming up with plans of getting out he is the mastermind behind every work we did. Muzi specialized in making bombs. He just understood them and loved them. Lwazi deals with guns, give him any gun, and he will do the job. Sandile is good with knives. He had them strapped on him and fought using them. So on that day, Luzuko carried out a plan while we were tied up, and luckily, Sandile had a knife with him, so Lwazi took it out from his pockets and cut the rope. When he was free, he cut our ropes too, and Luzuko told us the plan. He had looked around the place when they went to put us in the room. We had to open the door the gangster way and then we had to cover Muzi to go and do his thing with the bombs, and we had to go and sneak Lwazi into a room full of guns while we wore bulletproofs. And went to fight and shoot the guys. We had finished almost all the guys when Muzi came running and told us the bomb was about to go off. We ran towards the door while shooting everyone behind us. We ran down the road, and that's when the bomb went off, killing everyone in there. When we got at the end of the road, we found Luzuko's father and his crew waiting for us. When they saw us, they clapped hands. We were so confused, but then he told us what was happening.

Me: So you killed his men?

Lizwi: Plot twist those guys were after him, and he led them to us so we could finish them off we could've died in that battle.

Me: What?!

Lizwi: He said his men are the ones that kidnapped us and put us there then he had someone to tip his enemies that that's where he was going to be around the time we tried to escape. He told us that he wanted to see that if he died, his enemies won't be able to get us. He had been watching a footage of us fighting, and he taught us to excel in our skills. He made us learn some IT skills and also some medical shit so we can nurse each other to health. I got shot twice, and the other got shot, too. We all came out with wounds. Mind you, we were 16 years old when we got exposed to that. From there, we built our way up and became the most feared group with Luzuko's father guiding us.