Chapter 27

Him: Thingolwenkosazana Zulu

Me: Baba

I couldn't hold them anymore I let them flow freely without even trying to wipe them. He gave me a bone crushing hug and I just weeped in his arms. He also cried on my shoulder while holding me for his dear life. I felt it, I felt the love he had for me crazy I know but I did it was too powerful I just couldn't get over it. It felt amazing to be in his arms I felt like he was my missing rib and now I just found it. I felt at home, I felt peace, happiness and complete. After a looong time he let go of me and kissed my forehead then looked into my eyes.

Him: maZulu kaBaba

I smiled and more tears flowed, I hugged him tight again.

Him: thula mntanami ubaba wakho usekhona (hush my child your father is here)

Me: Baba (Father)

Him: maZulu

It was like he was adding fuel to the fire because the more I heard his voice the more I cried. For 29 years I have been robbed of being with this man and experiencing a proper father and daughter relationship. I feel like I was ripped away from him, they took away a part of me that I needed the most. I let go of him and he also did with me, he then wiped my tears and I wiped his tears too. I looked around and saw that everyone was now crying even the gaurds and the Spur staff. My brothers came to me and they all hugged me one by one while crying. Thando was standing in the corner and balling her eyes out, so much for being strong for me. After that crying session we all sat down, I wanted to sit next to 'my father' but I also wanted to sit next to Thando so I went to her.

King (Father): ningasukuma (you may rise)

He said to the gaurds and the servants and they all rised up and and stood with their legs opened and arms on their front.

King(Father): ninjani? (How are you?)

Me: syaphila nina ninjani (we're good and how are you?)

King (Father): nami ngiyaphila, uyaphila wena mntanami (I am also good, are you good my child)

He asked referring to Thando who had her head bowed, to say I am jealous would be an understatement he just called her his child and not me. Silly I know but I wish he had called me first. I nudged Thando with my elbow and she looked up then quickly looked down.

Thando: yebo Nkosi yami ngiyaphila (yes my King I am good)

King (Father): kuhle lokho (that's good)

Me: lona ngumngani wami omkhulu uThandolwethu Mkhize bengimucelile ukuthi azoba nami lamuhlanje (this is my hest friend Thandolwethu Mkhize I asked her to come here and be with me today)

King (Father): kulungile (it's okay)

Me: yebo baba (okay father)

In Zulu it is rude to just say okay to an adult, you have to say it then acknowledge them in the end.

King (Father) ngingaqala ngokuzazisa la kuwe elami igama uBhekumuzi Zulu kodwa emvakokuthi ngibe inkosi uNgonyama wangiqamba uNkosiyezwe (let me start by introducing myself to you, my name is Bhekumuzi Zulu but after I got coronated as the King, Ngonyama gave me the name Nkosiyezwe)

Me: ngiyezwa baba, elami igama uNobuhle Khumalo (I hear you father, my name is Nobuhle Khumalo)

King Nkosiyezwe: ngiyajabula ukwazi (I'm pleased to meet you)

Me: nami ngokunjalo (me too)

King Nkosiyezwe: uneminyaka engakhi? (How are are you)

Me: ngina29 ngizothi 30 kulenyanga ezayo (I am 29 turning 30 in the following month)