Chapter 34

Nobuhle's Pov

It was just around 7 in the afternoon, when Sboniso called me and told me some tragic news. Yes, Zikhali did me wrong so many times, more than I could actually count, but he was still my brother he did not deserve to die like that. We do not have wild animals in Tembisa. I have a feeling that there is more into this than just a wild animal. I have to call my brothers and tell them not to come since there will be a funeral at home. I had dinner with Lizwi and Esihle. Afterward, I went to Bathe Esihle, and we did our night routine. When she was asleep, I went to my room to sleep, but I called Khethukthula first. He picked up within the third ring.

Prince Khethukthula: dadewethu (sister)

Me: bhuti (brother)

Prince Khethukthula: bengisandakuzwa ukuthi awukho kahle emoyeni besengithi ngizokufonela (I had just felt that you are not okay I was about to call you)

Me: yebo bhuti oyedwa umfowethu akasekho ezweni labaphilayo okusho ukuthi angeke ngisakwazi ukuba nani kuzomele ngiye emugcwabeni (yes brother, one of my brothers is no longer in the land of the living meaning I cannot be with you I have to go to the funeral)

Prince Khethukthula: besengizwile eh uhm ngiqonde ukuthi kwakubi lokho (I heard, uhm no, I meant that is bad.)

Me: No ngizwa engathi obukusho kuyiqiniso (I feel like what you said is true)

Prince Khethukthula: izindaba ziyahamba nje kuphela sisi (need travel fast sister)

I was about to reply when I heard one of my brothers speaking at the back and my dad.

"Nimubulale leni buka ke manje asisakwazi ukuhamba naye" (why did you kill him look now we can't go out with her)

Prince Khethukthula: shh

King Nkosiyezwe: uthi shh kwani abafowenu sebebulala abantu ngenxa yaDadewenu (why are you saying shh when your brothers now kill people because of your sister)

I swear I felt the whole world stop rotating. What do they mean they killed someone because of me? The only person dead right now is Zikhali. Did they kill Zikhali because of me? Did what I tell them anger them that much? They killed my brother. He was not a good brother, nor did he like me, but he was still my blood, and they killed him. I didn't hear what they said next because I hung up. They tried calling me but I didn't answer. I also switched my phone off and slept. I woke up in the morning and did my morning routine, which is starting by the gym, then taking a shower, making smoothies and breakfast, and taking care of Esihle. We were sitting in the living room when I spoke.

Me: Zikhali passed away

Silence

Lizwi: Are you okay?

Me: I don't know, he was my brother at the end of the day

Lizwi: When are you going home?

Me: I was thinking tomorrow because no one told me about it besides Sboniso.

Lizwi: Okay, I will take care of Esihle while you are gone

Me: Okay, thank you

Lizwi: I'm sorry for your loss

Me: Thanks

I texted the girls in our group chat and told them what happened, and they called me. We spoke for some time and hung up. Lizwi got a call from work, and Esihle cried, wanting to go with him, so I dressed her up, and they left. I was now alone, and there was a knock on the door, I stood up and went to check it out. I hope it's not Lizwi's hoe. To my surprise, it was one of the gaurds Lucas