The Invitation

Wednesday was frustrated. Normally she enjoyed a bad mood, but she hated getting nowhere. The unknown number that texted her repeatedly had no way to track. Every few days, Wednesday would be texted another photo. She didn't mind it that much (after all, the photos revealed nothing) but it was a mystery that Wednesday was itching to solve. 

And after ten days of trying everything, Wednesday suddenly began to doubt herself. Something she'd never done before. Pugsley wasn't any help; his senses were moderate at best. And Wednesday needed to figure out everything before the family reunion in two weeks. She didn't want to be caught in unfamiliar territory, and the family reunion was in Transylvania. So she was positioned at her window, resorting to trying to spot the photographer(s) who might be spying. A big fail.

"How are you doing on it today my little viper?" 

Wednesday sharpened her glare and turned to her mother. "Nothing."

"How dreadful. Is there anything I can do?"

"You ask that everyday, mother." Wednesday answered. "I'm afraid that answer hasn't changed."

"You will find it, my deathtrap," She smiled. "You always do."

"How my confidence has boosted." Wednesday replied flatly. "What else did you come in here for?"

"We'll..." She started. "We contacted one of your friends. The werewolf one with the colorful hair."

"Enid?"

"Yes." She hesitated. "She doesn't have a crystal ball, so we had to use one of those phones in town." 

"Just spit it out." Wednesday ordered. 

"We invited her over."

"What?" 

Her mother wrung her hands. "Darling, we know you don't like us messing with your personal life, but we figured you could use a break. She also sounded like she needed a break. She was willing to travel all the way from San Francisco." 

"I don't need a break." Wednesday said forcefully. "What I need is to figure out who is stalking me and why." 

"Well, she could also help you. I know you don't like accepting help but you've been getting very detached from all of us lately. You haven't beheaded anything in weeks!" 

"But-" 

"She'll be arriving here tomorrow." Her mother smiled, which Wednesday returned with a glare. "Oh, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself." 

- - -

Hey everyone! Just so you know, this story is being updated nearly every day (if that changes anything). Vote if you liked! 

And follow me if you like my writing style because I'm planning a few other stories that I'll probably write after this one. 

Please also share this story with anyone else you think might like it!

IF YOU'RE READING JUST TO READ WENCLAIR MOMENTS:

More and more Wenclair moments happen as the story progresses. So if your reading just for the ship and you don't care about the rest of the plot, either keep reading to catch all the smaller moments or skip to chapter fourteen to keep reading. (I wouldn't recommend skipping, but that's when the romance starts to move up).

Thanks, and have a good day (or night if you like caffeine or have insomnia).

-VictoryGreen8