Heading Away (Enid)

"We're still stopping at the next town, right?" Enid asked. They had been bouncing back and forth a few theories for the past thirty minutes, all of which had gone nowhere. 

"Yes." 

"When is that?" Enid asked. They'd been on the road for what, a few hours since they last stopped? 

"Well since we aren't headed in any particular direction, we have been on the same stretch of road we started out on." Wednesday answered. "I'd guess another twenty minutes."

"Okay." Enid said. She was getting a little antsy in the limo. She couldn't distract herself from the predicament they were in either because she had turned off her phone too, just in case. Sheriff Galpin saw them together in the car earlier that day and might have reported that Enid was with Wednesday too. 

It was getting later in the day. The sun was almost setting, and Enid was starting to wonder if they would have to sleep in the limo too. Where else could they go? Wednesday was now basically a wanted criminal, but for something she didn't do. For once.

"So..." Enid said. "What should we do? We got nowhere to go and we no longer have a way to communicate with an enemy." 

"We wait." Wednesday replied. "Someone will make a move sometime or another. When we stop in the next town we'll pull over and wait."

"Wait for what? Tyler to come as a Hyde and rip us apart?" Enid exclaimed. "No thanks!"

"Calm down." Wednesday ordered. "We have no other plan, do we?"

"No, but that's like the worst plan ever!" Enid said. "We should really make another plan."

"I'm not in the habit of making plans." Wednesday replied. "I only do it when I'm collaborating with others. Which is another thing I'm not in the habit of doing."

"That doesn't change the fact that we're riding in a very conspicuous limo with no destination." Enid pointed out. 

"This may surprise you, but I've never been in this situation before." Wednesday said. "I've been convicted of things before, but I've never also been chased by revenge-bent people while riding in our limo while also being wanted by the police."

Lurch grunted from his driver's seat, drawing their attention. The town was visible in the distance. 

"Here we are anyway." Wednesday said. "We have to decide quickly."

"I think we should still try to find someplace to go instead of parking in this town or driving endlessly through whatever we happen to come across." Enid said.

"You know what I think." 

"Fine." Enid said after a moment of thinking. "We'll do it your way. Unless..."

"Unless?" Wednesday prompted. 

"Well it's a horrible idea." Enid answered. "We could go to my place in San Francisco. But then my mom would ask a ton of questions, or if she read the news already, turn you in herself. She never liked you."

"No." Wednesday said. "Losing yourself in crowds of people is the best thing to do when you have a warrant for your arrest. Its a good idea. What's your address?" 

Enid told her and soon enough they were headed for San Francisco. She was regretting saying anything about it. Not that she thought Wednesday would be caught, but because of what her mom might think. 

But it would take hours of driving to get there, so after a quick stop they settled down for the night. Enid thought about how much she loved this car. Wednesday had kissed her in it. She admitted her feelings in it. She hoped their newfound relationship could survive out of the limo, under the scrutiny of her mom. 

But after a while, Enid stopped worrying. Because she was so focused on how Wednesday had fallen asleep against her. 

She looked perfect, as always. Only when she slept, she didn't have a permanent scowl. Her relaxed features made Enid happy. It was clear that Wednesday felt comfortable around her, something she hadn't really hinted at. It was nice. It was wonderful. 

Enid didn't worry about anything because as she started to fall asleep too, she felt like they were the only two beings left in the world.

- - - 

I decided that out of the mercy of my heart I would allow one more sweet moment before the craziness starts. 

But please, don't be a silent reader!

Vote, comment, and follow me! We authors love feedback and support, so don't hesitate to support other authors as well! Don't forget to share this story as well!

Thanks!

-VictoryGreen8