Business (Enid)

Enid still wasn't quite sure that she wasn't dreaming. Wednesday, kissing her? Not only once, but multiple times. 

She wasn't complaining. It felt perfect. But it also made Enid go all werewolf. She would have been more careful with her sharp claws if Wednesday hadn't insisted that they were fine. Enid had then remembered that Wednesday loved pain and no longer asked if she should try not to scratch. 

Unfortunately it had ended too soon. Wednesday reminded Enid that they needed to use the chance to talk in private. Reluctantly, she'd agreed and they separated to sit a couple feet from each other.

"So," Enid said, "What should we do? Booby trap your house?"

"It's already booby-trapped." Wednesday replied. "But Dorian's is going to waltz in. He won't fall for such a simple and cliche trick." 

"Okay, so what if you just do your jujitsu moves on him? Oooh, challenge him to a fencing match!" 

"He'll be less customary than that. He plays dirty, or he doesn't play at all." 

Enid bit her lip. She had no idea. "What do you think, then?"

"I think we should talk with him. If I have a chance, I'll try to find out how to control my psychic more. Then he might try something with his psychic abilities." 

"What'll you do then?" Enid asked. "What if you get stuck in someone's mind or something? Or he pulls a Crackstone and stabs you?"

"I doubt it," Wednesday said. "But you'll be there to watch. If anything goes wrong, you may be able to help." She looked into Enid's eyes, making her heart pound. "I'm going to try and trust you."

"Th-thanks." Enid stuttered, put off by an urge to kiss Wednesday again. 

"We still need to contact Dorian, to attempt to schedule a meeting time. That would be best."

"Right." Enid agreed, but then quickly said, " Seriously Wednesday, what if he hurts you?"

She flashed a scowl, almost daring it to happen. "He won't."

"No, really," Enid could hear worry in her voice. "Be careful. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Fine. I'll be careful." Wednesday caved. Enid hoped she was telling the truth. Knowing Wednesday, she probably wouldn't be careful. Or she would underestimate something and it could end up like when she went to confront Miss Thornhill (AKA Laurel). That ended with Weems dying and Wednesday getting kidnapped. 

Enid tried to tell herself that nothing like that would happen. But while they continued planning, she couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

They had finished soon, with a rough idea of a plan. Enid felt better when they kissed again, longer this time, to try to end the vision. It worked, because soon she was dizzy and back in the car. 

Everything was the exact same as they'd left it. The divider between Lurch and them was still up. Laurel was still knocked out across from them. Enid settled down as she gently leaned against Wednesday. She loved this side of Wednesday, the side that allowed affection. It complimented her. 

A ding on her phone made Enid jump. She fumbled her phone out of her pocket. A message preview was displayed on her screen. 

"What does it say?" Wednesday leaned over to look at it. 

Enid paled as she read it. "It's actually not from Dorian. It's from Xavier. Look, it came with a link to a newsletter." She held it up for Wednesday to read.

Wednesday scanned it, glowering. "I knew this was going to happen." She sighed and turned back to Enid, looking like her usual serial-killer self, except more like she'd actually kill someone.

"I've been framed."

- - -

Hey everyone, how you doing? You liking this? 

If you are liking this, make sure to vote and follow me! If possible, also recommend this story to others please.  

This is one of my first attempts at a full-on story, so please let me know how I'm doing! I only joined a month ago and I'm still getting used to how Wattpad works.

Thank you!

-VictoryGreen8