Quoth the Raven (Wednesday Again)

"Who are you?" Wednesday demanded. A boy not much older than Wednesday stood in the doorway. Dark shadows circled under his eyes and he wore all black, except for a gold ring he wore on his right forefinger. "Is Enid—"

"I'm a psychic, just like you." He interrupted, walking in. "A raven. And your girlfriend is fine." 

"She's not—. Your name." Wednesday said, refining her question and deciding to ignore the girlfriend comment. "Or you'll find out what happens after you die." 

"We can't touch each other right now." He told her. "Can't you tell? We're communicating through visions."

"How is that possible?" Wednesday asked, a little shocked after reaching out and her hand going through the boy's shoulder. Why was she so surprised? She didn't normally react this much. She looked up at him again. "Are you even alive?"

"I'm alive." He assured her, raising an eyebrow. 

"Goody told me there is no way to control a raging river." Wednesday said. "Only hope to survive it." 

"Ah, yes. She's not exactly an expert, though. Your ancestor was primarily a witch. You seem to be a full-fledged raven." 

"And you are an expert?" Wednesday couldn't help but wonder how much digging around this young man did to find all of this information about her.

"I would consider myself one." 

"So why the stalking? Why the death threats?" Wednesday accused. 

"Oh, well done figuring out it was me." He wore a smug grin. His teeth flashed and revealed a gold tooth. That and they way he talked, Wednesday assumed he was the son of someone rich.

"Careful. Flattery doesn't work on me." She warned. "Answer me."

"I knew you were powerful from when I first heard of you. Not many Ravens survive as well as you do. I myself only kept my sanity through many, many hours of tutoring. To last this long is very impressive. But before I formally reached out, I wanted to scope first. Let you know who you were dealing with. Unsettle you." 

"I still don't know who you are. Or why your taking an interest in me." Wednesday pointed out. She was starting to think that either he was a long-lost Addams family member or a raven who didn't actually hold onto his sanity as well as he thought. 

"Some people know me as The Black Sentient. You can call me... Dorian." He nodded his head like he was bowing to greet her. He ignored the second question.

"How touching. Do I get to call you by a first name or your first name?"

"I'll be watching." He told her, ignoring her question yet again. Wednesday glowered at him. 

"What do you want?" She demanded. 

Still ignoring her questions, Dorian turned and nodded his head again, this time as a goodbye. 

Before Wednesday heard the pop again and found herself back in the world, she heard him say something. 

"Oh, and Wednesday? Say thanks to my brother for me."

- - -

Hey guys. Remember, if you like this story, vote or follow me!  Please also recommend this story to anyone else you think might like it.

You'll start to see more and more of Wenclair in the next few chapters if you're wondering when their relationship will accelerate into the more-than-friends stage.

Love you guys! Stay strong. 

-VictoryGreen8