Don't Tell or He'll Freak (Wednesday)

Wednesday couldn't focus on Tyler right now. As much as her obsessive brain wanted to think about how he was out of custody and probably back to murdering people soon, she forced herself to think about Dorian. 

She hadn't told Enid of his comment about a brother. She already had an idea who that was. And she was going to pursue the lead. 

"Xavier?" Wednesday spoke into her phone. She was back in her room, alone. 

"Wednesday?" He replied. "Finally decided to contact me, huh?" 

"I don't have time to justify my online silence." Wednesday said. "Do you have a brother?" 

"Well I don't appreciate how you just push me to the side, Wednesday." He ignored her question.  Wednesday scowled harder. "I thought we'd gotten over this."

"And I thought we had an agreement to not judge each other's intentions so quickly." Wednesday said. "Can you answer my question or not?"

"Okay, Wednesday, I have a brother." Xavier said forcefully, obviously frustrated. Then he sighed. "But he's got some problems, so my dad isn't really advertising him. You know my dad, he hates when his family has mental issues. Thinks we'll tarnish his perfect image."

"So I've heard." Wednesday answered. "What's your brother's name?"

"I'm only telling because it's you. But you gotta keep this a secret. My dad will freak if anyone finds out."

"Very flattering." Wednesday deadpanned. "And I'll be sure to post an article about this on every social media platform that's ever existed."

"Haha." Xavier fake-laughed. "His name is Dorian. He's a psychic too, except he isn't handling it well. He uses it as an excuse to act crazy. Maybe he is crazy, but... I just don't like interacting with him, you know? So I don't really know him much anymore. He pretty much stays in his room all the time. Takes online school."

"Perfect, Xavier." Wednesday replied. "Just one more thing."

"No more dreams about Tyler." Xavier answered, knowing what she'd ask. "At least, not yet. But I don't think he's killed anyone yet."

"You knew about Tyler?" 

"The sheriff has my number and he thought I should know."

Of course. "Text me when you have a dream. Or call." 

"Perfect." Xavier said sarcastically. "Now you want me to text."

Wednesday ignored his comment. "Just do it."

"Since I've answered all your questions, you owe me. You gotta answer one of mine." 

"Say it and I'll consider answering." 

"Do you even like me?" Xavier asked. "You took that arrow for me. But are you even my friend anymore?"

"I would consider you a friend." Wednesday said after a moment of thought. 

"But what about... more than friend? Don't get the wrong idea, Wednesday. You probably already suspected it. But I like you, despite your ice-cold way of talking." He sighed again. "I know that's probably what Tyler said to you, before you found out he was the Hyde."

"Yes, that was almost a quotation." Wednesday told him. And she was sure what she was feeling wasn't a sign that she liked him too. "Xavier, go find someone else. Since I consider you a friend I'll attempt to spare you, but I don't feel the same way. And I don't have time for this adolescent drama, so don't make a big deal out my rejection."

"Okay, Wednesday." Xavier didn't seem like he agreed, but he said it anyway. "But think about it." 

"Don't get your hopes up." 

They hung up. Wednesday thought for a second. No, she definitely wouldn't be considering it. Xavier wasn't right. He was too set off by her comments anyway.

Enid popped up in her mind. Wednesday still hadn't said anything about Enid's confession. Dorian had called Enid Wednesday's girlfriend, which had struck a cord in Wednesday. 

She couldn't decide if it had made her feel offended or if it had just felt... right.

- - -

Everything looks like it's starting to fall into place, right? 

Just wait...

Make sure to vote on this story and follow me! Please also recommend this story to others!

-VictoryGreen8

P.S. If you follow me I can post announcements before each update.