Short and Sweet (Enid)

Dorian was dead? Xavier was sure about that. But it couldn't be true, could it? They had just spoken to him only a few hours ago.

The rest of the call went fast. Xavier was grilled by Wednesday. Everything seemed to add up. Dorian was really dead. 

So who killed him?

Tyler wasn't exactly the type to take a gun and use it, and Laurel was right in front of them, conked out. And yet it didn't make sense that it was an accident. He was involved, and his dad wasn't. As much of a dick Xavier's dad seemed to be, it just wasn't believable that Dorian was accidentally killed in an assassination attempt on his dad. 

It didn't help that Enid was still thinking about kissing. 

They finished up the call with Xavier and hung up. Wednesday handed Enid her phone. 

"Someone new has entered the playing field." Wednesday said. Enid giggled.

"What?" Wednesday asked.

"You just sounded like one of those books that has the serious narrator." Enid replied. "Sorry, I don't know why but it's really funny."

Wednesday actually cracked a smile. "Okay, enough. We have to figure out who it is."

"C'mon, you're smiling, Wednesday." Enid teased. Wednesday gave her a look. "Okay, okay. But we aren't in one of those stories where the characters somehow don't ever need to go to the bathroom. So first, I sorta need to go to the bathroom. If we could find someplace to stop..."

"Fine." Wednesday looked out the window. "We'll stop in the next town."

"Great." Enid said. 

"But first..." Wednesday replied. "Let's wake her up."

"Laurel? You want to wake her up?" Enid asked, not sure if Wednesday was serious. 

"Yes." Wednesday answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "We should see what she knows. She's tied up. What is she going to do?"

"Ugh, but it means another conversation with a bad guy." Enid groaned. "It'll ruin the vibe."

"What vibe?" 

"Our vibe! Wednesday, we made out here. Like, twenty minutes ago. It'll ruin the feeling." Enid but her lip, not sure if Wednesday understood.

"Enid." Wednesday said, stopping Enid in her tracks as Wednesday reached out and grabbed her shoulders. "Laurel doesn't change my feelings for you. It took me a while to realize what they were, but now I know. Don't let her ruin anything for you. It's all psychotics. No one ruins a feeling unless you let them."

Enid's heart thumped and she smiled. "Since when did you become such an expert on this kind of thing?"

Wednesday leaned in closer to whisper something to Enid. She felt Wednesday's breath tickle her ear. "Since I fell in love with you." 

Enid felt like clouds when they kissed again. She was the luckiest girl in the world. She didn't deserve Wednesday Addams, the girl with the cello.

"Wait, did you just admit you love me?" Enid said after they took a breath.

"Just take the win, Enid." 

- - -

I used the classic short-and-sweet-chapter-before-things-get-ruined-again method for this. Ugh I really don't want to ruin it, but I have to for the sake of the plot. 

Anyway, keep reading to find out if Wenclair pulls through! (Once I post the next chapter, of course.)

Please vote and follow me if you like my writing! I would appreciate it a lot if you shared this story as well. Thank you!

...I'm actually sort of surprised by how many views this has gotten since it's been out for only about a month. 

Until next chapter!

-VictoryGreen8