In it Together (Enid)

"Wednesday!" Enid shook Wednesday. A couple minutes ago she'd come back wondering if Wednesday had finished looking around. Instead, she found her collapsed on the floor. She was having a vision. Enid wouldn't be this panicked, though, if a sudden storm hadn't started and made her totally creeped out. 

"Come on Wednesday, wake up!" Enid told her, then switched to talking to herself. "Oh my God, Enid, your being such a pussycat. It's just some weird, random storm with... purple lightning?" She shivered as she saw the lightning flash across the sky. Something about it gave her a bad vibe. And she felt totally unprotected now that Wednesday was out. And considering what happened at Nevermore the night Crackstone was resurrected, the storm was really suspicious.

"Shit, Wednesday!" Enid shook Wednesday again. All that resulted in was Wednesday's head rolling to the side. A tiny part of her that could focus on something other than fear noticed that Wednesday was really hot when she was having psychic visions. Enid sighed. "Well," she said, trying to reassure herself. "It's not as creepy as when you were in that house with the missing limbs and—"

She was interrupted when Wednesday's head snapped up. "Enid!" 

"Wednesday, you're awake!" 

"Thank you for that insightful comment." Wednesday said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She looked out the window. "When did this start?" 

"I don't know? A little before I came back and noticed you on the floor?" Enid told her, already feeling better now that Wednesday was awake. 

"We should go." Wednesday stood. "I'll explain what I saw when we're in the car."

. . .

"Holy shit." Enid said. "There's another psychic? And he's the stalker?" She paused. "Actually that makes a lot of sense."

"I should have given it more thought." Wednesday admitted. "After all, I found those first photos in Laurel's musical jewelry box. He was probably working with them. Another psychic would be able to spy on me and report on me. Anything Tyler couldn't find out, he just had to ask Dorian."

"Wait, so you think Tyler and Miss Thornhill were with this guy?"

"Call her Laurel now, Enid. And yes. There's also the matter of Crackstone's powers. He didn't have them before Goody cursed him and when he was resurrected he suddenly was able to perform feats of magic. He's no Outcast. So where did he get them? Dorian could have given them to him. Laurel certainly didn't. She's not a witch, or even a psychic." 

"Then how did she resurrect him in the first place?" Enid wondered. 

"It was just a blood and word key lock. Other than my blood and the body parts, all Laurel needed to do was recite some Latin. Real spells take an Outcast." Wednesday explained. They both bounced in there seats from a bumpy section of the road they were driving over. 

The storm had stopped while back, interestingly close to when Wednesday's vision had ended. 

"What about that storm?" Enid reminded Wednesday. "That was too much of a coincidence."

"I agree, it was too much of a coincidence." She paused to think for a second. "Dorian had told me he had done the impossible. Doing the impossible takes a toll, though, and I would imagine that he doesn't know everything. Like how to not cause a storm at the person's location. There would be enough psychic energy at the locations to create the st—"

The limo screeched to a halt. Lurch looked back and grunted, rolling down the window. Sheriff Galpin appeared. 

"Hello, sheriff." Wednesday said cooly, clasping her hands in her lap. 

"What are you two doing coming back to the school while it's closed?" 

"I remembered I had forgotten a valuable item. I came to get it." She explained. 

"What about that freak storm, huh?" He said, gesturing out to the sky. "I suppose that was you, too?"

"It did no damage, did it?"

"Well it did cause a stir. You better be more careful, Addams. Even what you did last semester of school won't help you if you keep causing more trouble. I got nothing against you, but I got a whole town behind my back so I keep enforcing the rules. No more breaking and entering, okay?" 

"I shall try." 

"Good." He moved to take his head out of their limo's window, but Wednesday stopped him.

"What about Tyler and Laurel?" She pried.

"Laurel's cooling her heals in an insane asylum elsewhere. It's a miracle she survived all those bees. But ah, Tyler's gone." 

"He escaped?" Wednesday leaned forward. "How could that happen? When?"

"He had been in a secure prison west of here. He got out only yesterday." He gave a moment of silence and bowed his head. "Massacred a dozen guards on his way out. I don't even recognize him anymore." 

"Where is he now?" Enid asked. She could tell he was in pain because of the betrayal of his son, but she couldn't just wait and watch. Was Tyler coming after them? How was Wednesday so calm?! The world didn't exactly seem safe anymore. 

"We don't know. But we didn't want to alarm anyone, so it wasn't publicly announced. I did send a message to you, Addams, but you obviously haven't gotten it yet." 

"Give me your phone number." Wednesday demanded. Enid looked at Wednesday in surprise, but she was dead serious. "I'm not joking. Communication through texting and calling is much faster than anything else and open communication is essential at this time."

"Okay." The sheriff agreed and gave it to her on a piece of paper. Then he left and they resumed their ride. 

"Give me your number as well." Wednesday said to Enid. "As I said, communication is incredibly necessary." 

"Um, sure." Enid took Wednesday's phone and added her as a contact. "There." 

Half of her brain kept pointing out that Wednesday had asked for her number, but she had to remind herself of the context they were in. But it was better than the other half of her brain, which kept freaking out over the fact that a Hyde was on the loose. 

And something told her that Tyler would be coming for them first.

- - -

Hey, the next chapter is coming out soon! If you like this story please vote or follow me! 

Farewell for now.

-VictoryGreen8