Here You Are (Enid Again)

"There you are." Enid's mom exclaimed as she opened the door. "I better get an explanation now. But first, come inside."

Enid and Wednesday stepped inside. Enid gulped. What would her mother think? Not only about why she was coming there with Wednesday but also about the newfound emotions between them that her mom could surely sniff out. 

"Hi mom." Enid said nervously. 

"Enid." Her mom smiled. She'd been nicer once she found out that Enid wolfed out. It made Enid a bit mad. "And ah, hello Wednesday. Now why did you come all the way back here with only one text of notice? The boys would all be here to greet you, except they didn't know you were coming so they took a break to play some games in the woods a few miles from here." 

"Oh, that's fine." Enid said quickly. "We won't be here very long."

"Why's that?"

Enid panicked when Wednesday opened her mouth, but she said, "We're taking a road trip. We're going to Alcatraz Island next."

Enid tensed when her mom gave her a suspicious look. "Enid, what are you not telling me? Have you been having problems wolfing out again?"

"No! Of course not." Enid answered quickly. "It's not that, I just..." 

Enid looked at Wednesday, then back at her mom. What was she gonna do? She couldn't lie to her mom. But what would her mom do if she admitted what was happening between her and Wednesday? Would she ban Enid from seeing her again? 

Enid took a deep breath and decided to go for it. She'd ignore whatever her mom thought, she wasn't going to let it get to her. Just like she refused to go to lycanthropy camp. 

"Mom, I have something important to tell you." Enid said. "Can I talk to you in private?" Her mom nodded and Enid gave Wednesday an apologetic look as they slipped into the next room. 

"What is it?" Her mom asked. Enid was starting to regret her decision, but she told herself not to be a chicken. 

"Mom, I'm lesbian." 

"Enid..." Her mom said, lost for words. Finally she said, "Very funny. What was it you wanted to tell me?"

"No I'm serious." Enid insisted. Her mom shook her head, looking confused. 

"Is that why you broke up with Ajax? You left the guy heartbroken."

"Yeah." Enid said. "Wednesday and I are together now."

"Really? Her?" She rolled her eyes. "Enid, did that girl put you up to this?"

"No, mom!" Enid exclaimed. She was getting really tired of this really fast. "Why can't you just accept that this is who I am?"

"Well you're my girl and I don't think this is really you, honey."

"You don't know me! You disapprove of everything I am and do no matter what. Practically the only time you were happy with me is when I finally wolfed out! Actually, that was probably just relief that I didn't embarrass you by not wolfing out at all!" Enid lashed out. Her mom's eyes flashed and both of their nails grew into claws. Her mom stalked closer.

"Young lady, you are out of control!" She started to say something else, but her eyes went wide at something behind Enid. Enid turned around to see Wednesday holding Laurel's gun at Enid'e"s mom.

"Wednesday!" Enid hissed. "You can't just threaten to shoot my mom!"

"Why not?" She asked. "She doesn't have any right to speak to you that way."

"Hell yes, I do!" Enid's mom said. "I gave birth to you and raised you, only for you to completely disobey me and disregard my role as a mother!"

"Shut it." Wednesday ordered. Enid bit her lip. As much as she admired Wednesday's protective instinct, this was not going to end well.

"I never liked you." Her mom said.

"Not a lot of people like me." Wednesday replied. "The only way you're different is that you are unfortunately the mother of Enid, who I happen to have feelings for. So stop giving her a hard time for the way she is."

Enid smiled. She couldn't stop herself. How lucky was she to have this girl? 

"You can't order me around." Enid's mom rolled her eyes again, trying to look like she wasn't nervous about the gun. 

"Here Wednesday," Enid said before Wednesday could say anything. She walked over to Wednesday. "Um, how about you lower the gun? There—" She pulled the gun out of Wednesday's hands and her mom relaxed. Wednesday was still glaring at her. 

"Um..." Enid said, putting the gun in her bag. Both her mom and Wednesday were silently glowering at each other. At least no one had died. "I guess we can go to my room?" 

"Fine." Her mom said. Enid pulled Wednesday away, dreading what would happen the next time they'd see each other. She heard her mom hiss, "We're going to talk about this later, Enid", but decided to ignore her. 

To hell what her mom thought. She loved Wednesday.

- - -

Hey. You're probably getting really tired of me telling you to vote, follow, and share. All the more reason to do it! 

I really like writing this, but it can get a bit discouraging when only %10 of the readers aren't silent. Thank you to those who vote, comment, follow, and share! You are the best. 

Other than my daily message to silent readers, I don't really have much else to say.

Oh yeah, check out stories by marvelsbff! She's got some good works. 

Thanks!

-VictoryGreen8