Coronation Disaster

...
..
.

Elson softly sighs, making (Y/N) frown when she counts this as the fourth time in two minutes he has done so.

"Maybe you should talk to Anna... Maybe... tell her the truth?" She quietly suggests, making Elson look over at her as she offers him a comforting smile.

Elson considers it for a moment, shaking his head with defeat.

"I... can't. I wish I could, but... I'm just... afraid," Elson whispers shakily, looking down at his gloved hands.

"You don't have to be," (Y/N) gently replies and slowly takes one of his hands, making him gasp and quickly pull away before hugging himself.

(Y/N) watches him with a soft frown of concern, stepping away to give him space as he breathes deeply, slowly relaxing.

"Um..." Elson clears his throat and looks (Y/N) over with a small smile. "You... You look beautiful, by the way. I-- I don't think I got to mention so earlier."

(Y/N) was taken aback, looking over at Elson with a light blush as she begins to smile.

"Oh! Um... Thank you. You look-- very... handsome," she compliments back as her heart races, making his smile widen as he stands a little taller.

(Y/N) grins as she rubs her neck, her eyes glancing over the table of food and spotting something.

"Be right back!" She grins, making Elson jump and look after her as she disappears into the crowd.

She was gone for a moment before reappearing, holding something behind her back.

Elson looks at her with a questioning smile as she presents something from behind her back, showing a piece of chocolate.

...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"You didn't get to eat yours earlier, so..." I trail off with a grin, making him smile.

"Thank you," Elson chuckles, and slowly takes it from my hand, careful not to touch me.

He pops it in his mouth and grins, finishing it with a sigh.

"Reminds me of when we were little..." Elson looks down with a grin.

"Oh, man... We got so sick eating all the candy from the kitchen that one night," I laugh, cringing at the memory of throwing it all up.

"Whose idea was that again?" Elson chuckles, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

"A certain little white-haired boy's idea, if I recall correctly," I state back bluntly with a grin, looking accusingly at Elson as he playfully gasps.

"Blaming your King? How dare you," he playfully replies with a mock serious expression, making me laugh and sigh.

"I missed you," I admit, making him gently smile back as he lets out a soft chuckle.

"I--"

"Elson!" A voice calls, making Elson and I look over at Anna as she appears from the crowd with the same man from earlier.

What was his name? Mans... Cons... H something... Hans?

"I mean, King, me again, uh..." Anna curtsies quickly and looks at me in excitement, making me tilt my head. "May I present Prince Hans of the Southern Isles."

Elson politely nods his head to Hans, his eyes looking down at their loops arms in confusion.

"Your Majesty, Milady," Hans greets, bowing slightly.