Epilogue

Three years after first book...

Third Person P.O.V

Elson nervously bit at his fingernails, (Y/N) sound asleep next to him. He continuously looked over at her before relaxing, only for his nerves to take over again. He quietly opened the nightstand drawer besides him, grabbing the small object from inside.

The ring shimmered in the moonlight, the beautiful gem sparkling. The four designs on the ring stood out, each symbolizing a different element. He sighs in relief, thinking he had lost it for some odd reason.

Queen Iduna had given this ring to him, long ago, when he was just a boy. She had told him her grandmother gave it to her long ago, and told him to keep it safe, and to give it to the one he loved. Elson didn't quite know what she meant then, but he did now.

His eyes narrowed when he thought he heard... Something, making him stare at the window in confusion as he grips the ring tightly.

(Y/N) stirred lightly and shivered in her sleep, making Elson gasp when he notices him being anxious had made it start to lightly snow in the bedroom.

"Oh..." He whispers, stuffing the ring in the drawer and quickly and frantically waving his arms in a cartoonish manner to get rid of the flakes.

(Y/N) peeks her eyes open and watches in amusement for a second before yawning, gaining Elson's attention.

"What's wrong, Elson?"

"What?!" Elson questions, a little too quickly. "Nothing! I'm fine! Everything's fine! Fine, fine, fine!"

(Y/N) raises a brow, her face showing she didn't believe him.

"Elson," she drags, making him nervously clear his throat and lie back down stiffly. "Come on," (Y/N) softly continues, "tell me. What's wrong?"

"Um..." Elson pauses when he hears it again, "... Did you hear that?"

"What?" (Y/N) watches as Elson leaps out of bed, rushing to the window. "Hear what? Elson-- don't change the subject--"

"Hush, my love," Elson softly whispers, making her pause and watch him in confusion as he watches outside.

Only to hear nothing.

I must be tired, Elson thinks to himself, shaking his head before yawning.

"Elson? Is everything okay?"

He quickly turns at her concerned, and a little frightened voice, quickly shaking his head with a nonchalant grin as he smooths his hair back, his bang falling into place.

"Of course! Sorry, I guess I'm just tired."

"Staying up all night every night will do that to you," (Y/N) points out, making him let out a 'pssh', waving his hand as he approaches the bed.

"I'm fine!" Elson grins, watching as she stares at him with a raised brow. He chuckles before jumping on the bed, swiftly pulling her down into his arms and squeezing her tightly as she laughs in retaliation.

"Elson!" (Y/N) laughs as he pecks all over her face, setting a longer one on her lips before placing one more on her forehead, hugging her close with a yawn. "What's got you so affectionate?"

"Can't I adore my love?" He playfully asks as she snuggles into his side as he lays on his back.

"You can," (Y/N) replies with a light blush, softly smiling.

"Good," Elson whispers in a light tone, sleep overtaking him.

She chuckles quietly, hearing his light snores. "I love you, Elson." She whispers, snuggling into his chest as his arm curls around her tightly.