𝐝𝐮𝐞 - 𝐑𝐔𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2002

The radiant sun was playing hide and seek with the beings below the clear azure sky. At times it hid behind the floating white clouds, giving the people that were working in the busy city a few moments to rest in cool shades. Erratically it showed its blazing self, only to wind up the humans who hated the hot weather. They whined about how the flaming ball made them all sweaty and weak. It was a fun thing to do.

However, the sun was lenient toward one person. 

The light shone inside a simple room where a figure was sleeping peacefully. Mavis snuggled with several plushies scattered on her bed. Like how a mother would act toward her child, the sun gently caressed her awake to remind her that she had many plans for today.

Mavis softly groaned as she stirred into consciousness. Staring at the ceiling above her, she blinked her eyes a few times to clear out the grogginess inside her head. Mavis then kicked the duvet and slowly began to sit up.

It seemed that the blonde woman still need a minute to become responsive after a slumber because she blankly gazed at her flower vase across the room.

A moment went by when Mavis finally stood up and walked to the bathroom while stretching her body. She brushed her teeth before taking a morning shower to refresh her mind. Undressing her pajama as she put it in a laundry basket, Mavis turned on the water and let it run until it was warm. She entered the shower once it adjusted to the perfect temperature.

The pitter-patter of water, paired with Mavis's pleasant humming made a harmonious sound. While soaping herself with a vanilla scent body wash, she recounted the events that happened after she had gone through the portal two months ago.

She ended up in the middle of forest in a country she later knew as Italy with no sense of direction and food supply shortages. Not that she minded since she could try to find the correct path. She was also sure she could hunt prey as meals, but shouldn't Nalani at least open a portal straight to her soulmates?

Four days later, she came across a group of adventurers who were on their way to return to the base camp at the edge of the forest. It was fortunate they were kind enough to let Mavis tag along with the group. 

Although Mavis had a hard time restraining herself from stabbing the men with a stick. They kept flirting with her and saying inappropriate comments about her. After a bunch of threats were thrown from the females, they finally quieted down.

Naturally, questions were asked regarding why she was alone and the choice of her unsuitable expensive looking clothes. Some assumed she was a rich girl kidnapped and dumped by the abductor so her billionaire parents wouldn't find her whereas others thought she was cosplaying a character because of her eyes.