𝗱𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗶 - 𝐍𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐃

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

2003

Mavis woke up on a sunny morning with a persistent ache in her lower back. She groaned and stretched, attempting to rise from bed. The discomfort had become a constant morning companion recently, but today it seemed to be more severe than ever before.

"Are you alright, Carissima?" asked Aro, who was sitting on the chair beside the bed. His ruby eyes revealed a look of concern. The kings had agreed to ensure that their mate would be accompanied by at least one of them every time she woke up.

The blonde fae smiled reassuringly at him. ''I am fine, my love. Just a little back pain is all'' Mavis hummed, reaching out her arms towards her lover. Aro hugged her petite body, his hand touching the bare skin of her waist and immediately, his brows furrowed.

''A little back pain? It doesn't look like it to me,'' the raven-haired king said. Without replying, Mavis wrapped her arms around Aro, drawing him even closer, and she nestled against him like a contented kitten seeking warmth and comfort.

The heat of her body radiated through the icy chill of his own and Aro closed his eyes, savouring the feeling of her heart beating in her chest. It was a reminder of the life he could never have.

His fingers gently traced a path along her back. The act somehow eased the pain she was feeling. "Are you busy for today?" Mavis peered up at him, hoping that her mate would say no. Aro smiled apologetically, "There are a few meetings and trials we have to attend. I'm sorry, my dear"

A trace of disappointment flashed in her eyes but it was gone by the time Aro's crimson met her ambers. "It's alright, I understand that you have your responsibility. I will probably be spending my time with Felix and Demetri today. They promised to show me around the training ground" Mavis beamed. 

"The training ground?" Aro blinked. Mavis nodded "Why? Is it a forbidden area for me?" the blonde pouted, she fluttered her long eyelashes and tilted her head ever so slightly.

The Volturi King felt his resolve weaken as he gazed into her doe-like eyes. He knew that when his mate pulled this pouty charm, he could hardly resist. "There is nowhere that is forbidden for you to go. I just think it might be dangerous for you, cara mia. While your blood doesn't appeal to other vampires, there will be newborns around you. They can not control themselves and they will hurt you," he tried to reason.

Mavis's pout deepened and she leaned in closer, almost whispering. "But Aro, my love, I can protect myself. You know that very well and besides, two of your elite guards will be with me. What could happen anyway?"